Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sermonator

Went to see the Sermonator today.

God love that sweet man.

He's the only cross-eyed booger I would let operate on me with one hand tied behind his back, standing on his head any old day.

I won't sugar coat things (I'll leave that for Sugar Britches--wooo Sugar Britches! Best. Thing. Ever.) It was a tough appointment.

I went in ready to come running out with a game plan and instead, I walked out praying that God might just teach me how to be graceful.

Cause I'm just not.

Dr. Sermons feels like we are at a crossroads. No more meds. No more procedures. No more poking. No more prodding. At least not for now. It was the first time he said it and even though I did the ugly cry, I needed to hear it. He feels like what we're up against is just the aftermath of the chemo monster. It's just that simple.

What's the most beautiful and amazing thing to me is that although cancer took a lot from us, it didn't take Chris. The man I am upside down and inside out crazy about still snuggles up to me after we tuck Coop into bed each night. He is a walking, living, breathing miracle and that is worth more than anything in this entire world. The icing on the cake is that every time we look at our little pistol britches, we are instantly reminded that God gave him to us. GAVE him. He was born into this world just days before Chris got diagnosed. God's timing was perfect. He knew just what we needed and just when we needed it.

I prayed and prayed and asked God to play a particular song the whole way home today. If He would play it, I would feel Him and know that He is still working his good work in us and that our story is not over yet.

It never came on.

I waited. And waited. And waited.

I did jazz hands to Justin Bieber and went through the Chick-fil-a drive thru (surprise). I went to the bank. I stopped to get gas. I went to Hobby Lobby.

And then I pulled in our driveway.

And it came on. It's not even popular any more. But there it was. Amazing how He washes over us at the very minute we need it. Simply amazing.

"And be CONFIDENT in this: the God who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it"
Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

  1. You are constantly in my prayers! Remember: HE not only has the answers, HE is the answer! :-)

    ReplyDelete