Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bring the Rain

My greatest desire in all that we are going through is for God to be glorified. I was reminded of this very fact within the first few hours of our ordeal last week.

Despite the craziness that surrounded us, the bigger picture was made quite evident. It doesn't matter what the outcome of our situation will be. I believe that is already determined. What matters most, is that in the midst of it all, that God be lifted high.

That being said, we have witnessed SO many God-moments over the past week. The love of our friends and family has been made evident in a way that's so grand that it's almost unfathomable. We are surrounded by people who love us, support us, and are rootin' for us. And we couldn't ask for more.

I can count a million times
People asking me how
I can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You,
Jesus bring the rain.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment