Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting a Kick Out of Things

18 weeks, 19 weeks, 20 weeks. Holy Toledo!

We can hardly believe it! What a fun 20 1st weeks this has been! On one hand it feels like time is creeping by. On the other hand, it feels like it is flying by.

I absolutely LOVE being pregnant. I wake up each day and am instantly reminded of the HUGE blessing we have been given. I sit on the side of the bed (partly because it takes a second for my organs to redistribute themselves, partly because I have to pee so bad that I can't make any sudden movements) in complete awe at the miracle of it all.

I felt Nolan move for the first time on Thanksgiving night. He started kicking me yesterday. He prefers to dig one foot into my left hip and flail about with the other. At this point in the game, I realize that it's impossible to know if that is truly what is happening, but it sure feels like it to me. If it's not his foot wedged in my hip, perhaps its my kidney.

At 18 weeks Chris surprised me with a trip to the Fox to see the Rockettes! What fun!! We ate dinner at Bonefish (mmm, Bang Bang Shrimp) and spent the evening under the stars at the Fox. The dancing bears left a little to be desired, but the rest of the show was absolutely FABULOUS!

Despite the trauma of our 19th week, little Nolan pressed on, growing, flipping, swimming, and moving around like a little wiggle worm. He was a constant reminder of God's faithfulness to us throughout that entire week.
At 20 weeks we decided it was time to put on our party panties and start our Christmas festivities. We went to a gazillion Christmas parties and get-togethers, spent tons of time with our dear families and precious friends, drank caramel apple spice drinks, and had an old fashioned dance party in the kitchen one afternoon. Nolan grew 400 inches and people stopped asking if I was stress-eating and started telling me that I looked preggers. Overall a most fabulous week!
This Week's News:

Food Cravings: Lordy. It started with an insatiable desire for coleslaw and ended with Caffeine Free Coca-Cola and cheese grits.

Emotional Basketcase Moments: I think my previous post (err...novel...sorry about the length of that entry folks...) pretty much sums this one up. Additional basketcase moments surfaced with the outpouring of love and generosity bestowed upon us by our friends and family members. Many snot rockets were blown on many occasions this week. We are blessed beyond words.

Hormonal Rage Currently Directed At: Clayton County. We had to drive through AGAIN last night on the way home from a Christmas party and I all but threw up in my lap just seeing the "Now entering Clayton County" sign. Sigh.

Currently Grateful For: my amazing husband, family, friends, and co-workers. You never truly realize how blessed and loved you are until life hands you a situation like ours last week. We had NO idea how many people love us. Grateful isn't even the word.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment