Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lightening

There is an old adage that says: "Lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place".

There is an old verse that says: "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you in the palm of my hand". Isaiah 41:10

I'm up against a little procedure tomorrow. A biopsy, but we don't say words like that in our house anymore, so shhh. Putting on the armor of God and keeping my chin up. It's truly no big deal. "Nothing to lose any sleep over" says the good doctor.

I might be partaking in a little retail therapy post-procedure at some point too, but I would never endorse such dysfunctional coping skills here. :)

Our prayer for 2011 is that, God willing, our life will be QUIET. No drama. No crises. It would be incredible if I didn't even have anything to blog about. I could shut this sucker down and go back to playing online Rummikub.

Could it be that God isn't done trying to get our attention?? We cry out to Him that we are listening and ready to act on His word but are we missing something? My conclusion is simple. I don't think God ever stops trying to get our attention. The end.

My sweet friend's mama is up against a little procedure tomorrow too. Please whisper a prayer for her. She is just precious and such a gift of encouragement to those around her.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that your procedure and your friend's moms went well!

    ReplyDelete