Saturday, January 22, 2011

Open Book

A friend and I were talking today about how open I am with this darn blog and why I feel compelled to live my life as an open book. My reasons are simple:

1) In my mind, only 3-4 people read this: my mother and my closest group of girlfriends (all of who know the scoop long before I sit down and clinkatyclink it out in black and white)

2) Blogging is WAY cheaper than therapy.

3) It serves as a scrapbook of our life.

4) God prompts me to do it.

I know it sounds cliche, but I truly feel like He is trying to be glorified and lifted higher through the sharing of our life with people who come across our blog. We can't possibly believe that the series of events that have unfolded this past year are "coincidental". Not possible. If nothing comes out of what we go through, with the exception of people seeing the real us, then we feel that God has done His work in us.

I admire private people. I really do. I am surrounded by them. I look at them in awe and wonder why I have such frequent cases of verbal vomit.

At the same time, I feel like life is to be shared, and so, I seek to share it. I apologize if I give too much info or too many details. Please excuse me while I take a blogging pepto and call it a night.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I believe you have WAY more than 3-4 readers. And please don't stop sharing. It's amazing to hear your outlook on everything that has happened to your family this past year. You are probably touching more people than you can even imagine. Plus, on the rare occasion that I get to see you at work, I don't feel like we have to "catch up"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your open-bookness. And I also think you are touching many lives, and glorifying God at the same time! Keep up the blogging and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, what they both said! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete