Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holiday Road: Day One

We hit the road for Davis Family Vaca 2011 this morning. We were so excited we could hardly stand it. We stopped for lunch with Grammie in downtown Mac-town and were on the road by noontime.

We decided to swing by Savannah for a quick overnight at the Mansion at Forsyth Park on our way to the beach, and boy were we glad we did. Within 30 seconds of arriving here, you feel completely rejuvenated and relaxed. The absolute perfect place to re-cooperate (even with said Coop in tow)...
LOVE this place!
I had to stop to wipe a tear away when I realized how much this little fella has grown in just one year.

My, oh my. Super Coop was SO busy this time around. He opened every single cabinet and drawer, dumped every ice bucket over, and touched every single thing he could possibly find. He found it quite grand.

How does one keep a 14 month old happy and quiet in a hotel? Bubbles.

And elevator buttons.

We ate down on Riverstreet at One Eyed Lizzies. We love them because 1) they have enormous glasses of sweet tea-I'm talking ginormous, 2) they have the best crushed ice in town 3) they have the best best best grouper po boy sandwiches and homemade tartar sauce 4) they allow for hours of window people watchin'--view onto Riverstreet straight from your booth.

So, a girl sitting at the booth across from us had a total outburst during dinner. It started with a lot of angst, pouting, eye rolling, and hair flicking. I tried not to stare, but I couldn't help myself. She screamed and hollared at her mom, reminding her how much she hated her, and then (get ready for this...) grabbed a knife and threatened to cut herself. You read that right.

Her mom clinched her teeth and did that talking/growling thing without moving your lips thing that only moms can do and I thought surely NOT. Under the table the knife went and S-L-I-C-E. Then she punched the booth. 

My jaw was literally on the floor. I was totally convinced that we were on the show "What Would You Do?" and kept waiting for John Quinones to pop out from behind the plastic palm tree. When he didn't, I wanted to call to have an inpatient intake completed on her but Hubs reminded me we were to mind our own business. Still, GASP. Her escapade ended with an 10 minute evil eye stare down at her mom (dad sitting silently) followed by "Just give me your car and I will pack my stuff and move out." Good idea, right? I worried about her (and her parents) all night long. Can you believe it?? Cooper is officially unallowed to ever be a teenager. Ever.


We came back to the room and went down to the pool for a night swim. Thanks sweet friends Abby, Andy, Liam, and Macy for the fancy pants swim trunks and flops!!

Have I mentioned Cooper's Propel Fitness Water addiction? Shrug.

The night ended with Coop making a big old splash in the big old bathtub. I might have snuck a 30 minute soak in there before bed too. Complete with a Cherry Coke on ice. Fizz. 

Oh how we love this place--HIGHLY recommend it if you are planning a weekender in Savannah. Tomorrow's agenda: sun, sand, sea, and silliness! Hilton Head here we come!!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Glad Cooper got to enjoy the swim trunks - he looks adorable in them (and in everything else he wears). Either he has big feet, or you exchanged the flip-flops for a smaller size...Macy JUST grew into her 4's. Her feet are a little behind the curve.

    Speaking of shoes, I was just going through Liam's today and found many a pair that don't fit and barely look like they have been used. If you would like some for Cooper to grow into, let me know and I will pick out the like-new ones.

    Can't wait to see you again, and I am jealous that you got to enjoy some beach time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time at the beach!! And I totally can't believe the scene you witnessed...crazyness. I'm with you - no teenagers (especially my little Grace)!!

    ReplyDelete