Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mighty Works and Real Life Angels

I can hardly believe it. Coop sashayed right into preschool this morning, didn't cry a single tear or throw a single Goldfish Cracker. Unbelievable. All these times of separating with the tears and the drama and the puppy dog eyes. Not a single tear. Galloped over to the toys and didn't even stop to kiss me goodbye.
I stood there all awkward and lost until I realized that I should just walk down the hall and out the door.
I might have cried just a wincy bit in the parking lot. And on my way to work. And on my way to Target. Alone. Target, y'all. Alone. I didn't even know what to do. I wheeled my red buggy (full of Coop-sized goodies) aisle by aisle just staring at things in silence. Did you know they make mint flavored marshmallows now?
I met Abby and Parker Baby for lunch. Got all sorts of choked up holding him. Almost boo hooed all over our Rico's samiches. I couldn't help it. To touch a real life, living, breathing miracle absolutely took my breath away. I'm saying. Our mighty God moves mountains every single day. He is sovereign. He is good. And that Parker Baby is Grace in the flesh. I could have sat and stared at him all the live long day.

I swang by to scoop Coop, only it seems he didn't want to come home. SO incredibly blessed by his precious teachers and his preschool. SO.

1 comment:

  1. It's bittersweet. And it gets better. Eventually. I love you Ali.

    ReplyDelete