Friday, July 31, 2009

Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise

So I started havin' the itch again. No, not the red, blotchy, contagious kind (gross), but the itch to pack it up and head out of town for a few days.

Ahh.

Wouldn't that be blissful!? This is the first summer in a looooong time that Hubs and I haven't made it to the beach, so that is definitely contributing to the severity of my current travel itch. To make matters worse, I learned today that one of our most favorite local hotel hot spots is running a killer summer special right now...and our anniversary just so happens to be in roughly 12 days...perfect excuse for spontaneous road trip? I think so!


Take a look at this place:
The Mansion at Forsyth Park, Savannah GA

We spent our wedding night here on the way to the airport to leave for our Honeymoon. Those of you who know the silliness that descended upon our wedding day might also know that we spent approximately 1 hour and 13 minutes in this AMAZING, MAGNIFICENT, LUXURIOUS place before having to truck it back to St. Simon's to fetch our forgotten passports and travel documents.

We made it back to the Mansion with just enough time to brush our teeth, snap a few pictures, and pack up our under-eye bagged selves and hit the road again for the airport. Our stay was so pitifully short that the hotel manager would not even entertain the idea of us paying for our $380/night suite. (We gave the front desk staff quite a chuckle when we showed up at 12am, dressed in wedding attire, limo-less, with bags of Chick-fil-a take out).

Ever since, we have talked about how much we would love, love, love to sneak back away to this little slice of heaven on earth...

This is a view of the suite from the claw foot tub that sits majestically in the middle of the room. This picture makes me smile. If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE fan of bathtubs. I make a point to visit mine once a day. Sometimes I soak in the bathtub at 5:30 am before work. Silly, I know. You can imagine my happiness when we opened the door to our room and I spotted this huge claw foot tub! How romantic!
We felt it only fitting to take a cheese-ball self portrait. It was our wedding night, after all. If you look closely, you can see that Hubs is gazing at the Bose system the Mansion has so conveniently installed in each of the suites. Boys.

If you haven't been, you MUST go. King suites are currently $109/night! No joke. I'm guessing the recession has left this 5-star hotel hurtin' for business. Regardless, I am going to scheme and plan and see if it is in the "trim-the-fat-budget" we are currently living on. Ha! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment