Monday, November 23, 2009

Buttermilk Pie and Swimmin Trunks

I bought Nolan Wyatt his very first swim suit tonight. I casually passed it by on the clearance rack at Babies R Us, spun around, and thought "what the heck, every new baby boy needs some swimmin' trunks". AND to make matters even better, it rang up $2.46. Box it up.

Nolan Wyatt thanked me for his new swimmin' trunks by instilling in me, a sudden need for Buttermilk Pie. Stat.

Hubs is in Miami doing a site survey for work so I sashayed downstairs to the kitchen and did what every level-headed pregnant lady does. Baked myself a Buttermilk Pie. At 10pm on a Monday night. Holy goodness.

Pre-prego days, I would have sliced a tiny sliver and savored every adequately portioned bite. Ha. I might have just eaten 1/4 of the pie. If that wasn't bad enough, I am now convinced that I need a Dr. Pepper. Glory be.

One, count it, one, more work day this week. Isn't that something!

And now for a little sneak peek into Nolan's Nursery:


Surprise find at Hobby Lobby...imagine the excitement when I found this little darlin!


Inspiration for nursery bath and paint color for nursery (green)

Super fun diaper basket

That about wraps it up for now. Emphasis on "for now".

Please pray for my friend Nat's mama...she was in a car accident today and is in the hospital recovering from a concussion and broken knee. Lots of love and prayers Nat!

1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery accessories! What exactly is buttermilk pie??

    ReplyDelete