Monday, May 17, 2010

The Learning Curve



Little Bit experienced his first trip to church this morning. I sat there holding him as he drooled on my shoulder and cuddled his little frog legs under my ribs and I couldn't help but but marvel at God's goodness. It seems like just yesterday I sat in that very same sanctuary praying for God to bless us with a baby. With every praise song we sang, I thanked God for giving us such an awesome gift!

In other news...things I've learned in the last 2 weeks:

-While the Sam's Club jumbo pack of wipes seems as though it will last you at least 6 months, it in fact, lasts approximately 9 days. Assuming this will get better when Daddy and I get better at diaper changes and use less than 10-12 wipes per change :)
-Speaking of diaper changes, little boys come with all sorts of tricks up their sleeves. My personal favorite is the rainbow trick where Super Coop pee pees up over his head and onto the wall and pack and play. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I could stop laughing long enough to cover his wee wee with the diaper, but instead I roll on the floor laughing and admire his talent.
-Sleeping 4-5 hours simultaneously post-baby has the same effect as a 2 week vacation to the spa pre-baby. Truly.
-People say the darndest things. For example, while in Target a nice looking woman oohed and ahhed over Cooper and then said "How old is he?" After responding with a proud "2 weeks!" the nice looking woman said "You should be at home, not out running around with this little baby". Note to self, next time lie and answer "4 months" while running down the aisle in the opposite direction.
-Medela prides themselves on the "Pump in Style". Every day as I spend countless hours bonding with my Medela I ponder where the whole "in style" thing comes into play. Not feeling "stylish" as much as "bovine". Moo.
-I can, in fact, lose 2 hours staring at Coop's little feet and hands.
-My 2 week old knows how to fight sleep. Now how in the world can he be MY baby!?!? Even in the midst of his 2-week-old-temper tantrums, I think "COULD HE BE ANY SWEETER!?"
-My belly and Cooper's belly look a lot alike.
-Being a mom and spending my days loving on my sweet baby boy is the BEST feeling in all the world.

2 comments:

  1. OH I totally agree with all of this! I remember when Casey and I would both change his diaper because we were both terrified to do it alone! I got the very same comment when I was out with Hudson at around two weeks. I was stir crazy! I wanted to get out of the house so don't go into hibernation. ;)

    ReplyDelete