Monday, August 16, 2010

Why Us?

We are smiling because...
our sweet Daddy/Hubby is over the half way hump of this whole Kudzu business! Woo! Hoo!

I won't lie. This time around was rough. Bleh. Yuck. Eww. Sigh.

Regardless, we are celebrating his progress and pushing on toward the finish line!

We have SO much to be thankful for. We are constantly amazed at God's goodness and Grace. Someone asked me recently if I ever ask "why us?" Although I am a pro at laying in the floor crying like a baby, I chuckled, and answered "Absolutely." I ask God every day why He trusts us so much and why He allows us to get to know Him better through every curve ball He throws our way. I know that He isn't going to bring us to anything that His Grace can't see us through. The rest just doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

The Cancer Answer did not prove to be on the Vein Train this week. They blew vein after vein on Chris' poor little arms and ended up scheduling him for surgery to get PICC line. Yay.

We are dedicating Super Coop on Sunday. One of the "homework" assignments was to come up with one thing we would want Coopie to know. One thing we hope for him. One thing we are committed to seeing him through on. We decided that we want him to know that while you may not be able to control what happens to you in life, you may absolutely control how you respond to things. What better way to share God's goodness and love than through maintaining your faith during those white knuckle moments? We pray that Coopie always knows that he is stronger than he thinks he is. That he has a God who loves Him and who will never leave him. That His grace is enough. That he is loved and adored.

Since Chris' D day (Diagnosis Day), I have:

-Rocked Cooper to sleep even though all of the books say not to.

-Gone back for seconds instead of counting calories.

-Allowed my house to go completely unkept. Completely.

-Watched my sweet husband sleep instead of watching my trashy TV shows.

-Been late to work because I just couldn't stop kissing Coop and Chris goodbye. Just one more kiss, just one more ;)

-Flossed my teeth religiously.

-Soaked in the bathtub instead of taking power showers.

-Let our laundry pile up so badly that I contemplated running to Macys to buy us all new outfits so I wouldn't have to spend my day washing clothes.

And it has been absolutely glorious.



2 comments:

  1. You three (Coop included; he takes everything like a champ) are a shining example of showing complete faithfulness to God during the most trying times. I am absolutely sure there are people out there reading your story and their lives are changing in the process. Your optimism is infectious and gives hope to those who are going through similar situations. God's grace is amazing and being an example of that grace warms God's heart. I know that for sure. We are praying for y'all daily. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are absolutely amazing. I'm keeping you all in my prayers :).

    ReplyDelete