Tuesday, August 3, 2010

7 Smiles


7 things that made me smile today:

1. My child is going to be the only 4 year old who still requires to be swaddled in order to sleep at night. Seriously. Chris and I are debating whether it's acceptable to cut the bottom of Cooper's swaddle off since he has now outgrown it.
2. Taking a 5 minute "cat nap" in your car sometimes becomes an hour long snooze session in which you a) drool on your seat belt strap, b) have to go in to work with sleepy creases on your cheeks, c) drain your car battery by turning the key forward slightly in order to have AC and tunes, and d) require the assistance of nearby security officers in order to jump start your car just so you can go home.
3. Juice session Numero Tres is behind us! Wooot! It wasn't quite cartwheels and rainbows and puppy dogs like Numero Dos, but it also wasn't death, doom, and gloom like Numero Uno. Have I mentioned that I have the most amazing and strong husband in all the world!? He just keeps on keepin' on no matter what comes his way.
4. Juice Numero Quatro is scheduled for August 12th, our 4th Anniversary. Each year we take a trip to someplace exciting. Someplace beachy. Someplace relaxing. This year's destination; the Cancer Answer. Passport not necessary.
5. It seems that I crashed into something in the garage. Again. There are pieces of black plastic scattered about and our recycling bin somehow managed to get wedged in between the bumper and the trash can. Mysteries.
6. Speaking of trash, attempting to take it out in your underwear without realizing it leads to all sorts of silliness.
7. I tried really hard to break my ice chomping habit. I did good for about 30 minutes. Then I went screeching into the CFA drive thru on 2 wheels for a cup of those crunchy little ice pellets. This extreme behavior led me to Google "ice eating addiction". The first article said, and I quote, "Some people are so extrememly addicted to eating ice that they become quite cranky when unable to obtain it". Me, cranky? No way.

So tell me, what made YOU smile today?

3 comments:

  1. ALI! I love your blog! I love Cooper and I love you guys! we do miss seeing u guys...=(
    Having my patient weaned of the vent and on a trach collar made me smile, and deflating the cuff of my pt with the speech therapist so he can call his wife made my day!! I love my job and I am sure love yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 13 month old still needs being wrapped up to sleep. Look into the Halo sleep sacks. She sleeps like an angel in those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog made me smile!

    ReplyDelete