Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Craft Buggy

Been sewing. And nail gunning. And batting. And ribboning. And hanging.

Here's what we've come up with so far:
Question: So after pushing my miniature craft buggy around Hobby Lobby listening to Coop shriek along to piano hymns, I decided to go with a tie up shade in the breakfast nook and a cornice board over the window above the sink. Does it look crazy to have 2 different styles of window coverings in the same room? Is this a no-no?

Where's the teal ribbon, you ask? Totally had to scratch that idea. Ended up looking more like a 13 year-old teenie bopper's bedroom (sans enormous Justin Bieber poster) than a kitchen.

I went hauling booty down the stairs in my sock feet when I heard the FedEx man ring the bell, bringing these two 11x14 prints a la the ever fabulous Kristin Benton. The one of the 3 of us was taken about a week before Chris was diagnosed. It captured an absolutely precious moment for our family and I love seeing it as we go out the front door.
Only hiccup: wall color. Having commitment problems in the paint department. Do we stick with a neutral khaki or spruce things up? What are your experiences? Ideas??

5 comments:

  1. I love what you did in the kitchen. I also love neutral color paint but Im bad about "stepping outside the box."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the curtains and I think they look great!! I would totally paint a "wild" color. BUt what do I know... my living room and kitchen are like teal! HA! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curtains! They look great, and I don't think it matters they are different at all. Wall colors? I like different colors, but if you go with khaki, go with a darker khaki. Seems calming to me and it goes with anything so if you change decor, it will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I wish I was half as creative as you! Seriously, when you get done w/ your house...I'll pay to do mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's just fine, and no it's not a "no no". I don't do much with my Interior Design degree these days, but I can tell you that no one is going to call the home decorating authorities to report you :). They look great by the way!!

    ReplyDelete