Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You've Got Mail!

I am absolutely speechless tonight. I was checkin' my inbox for coupon alerts and small group updates when I spotten this "Heavens to Betsy-oh my-oh my" email :)

From: danielle@ellaruephotography.com
Subject: Great news! :)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:48:45 -0500
To: ali.davis@hotmail.com

Hi Ali!
Congratulations! Your name was entered by Courtney Stephenson in a photo contest that I recently had. Nominations flowed in describing families that deserved a FREE photo shoot. I fell in love with your family through the words that Courtney wrote to portray your love for your husband Chris and son Cooper. It is my honor to take photographs of your family, free of charge, and give you a DVD with edited images, and an online password protect gallery. I couldn't think of a family more deserving. I look forward to meeting you and your sweet family. PS: I know cancer all too well. We'll have lots to chat about.
J Danielle Millwood
www.ellaruephotography.com

Seriously. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. Just today I was thanking, no PRAISING, God for bringing us through the storms of last year and now, just look, what a blessing!!

Our sweet friend Kristin Benton showered us with a gift just the same, when Coop turned 6 months old. We were speechless then and we are speechless now. We stare at those precious photos at least 10 times a day as we marvel at God's mercy and goodness. They hang by the front door. They sit pinned to my bulletin board at work. They sit proudly on Chris' desk at work. They tuck themselves away in the visors of our cars. They represent our love for each other and capture a moment in time, frozen for eternity. (That last bit was oober doober cheesy. I know it. Insert half naked man with a spritz of Calvin Klein fragrance of your choice).

I was just sorting through piles of medical bills (that now represent a fight well fought so I often ponder framing them and embossing them in gold) thinking how badly I wished we could do it up big for Coop's first birthday pictures and just like that, God answered my prayer.

Courtney, your thoughtfulness and kindness brings tears to my eyes. Thank you so so so much for thinking of our family now and always. Ella Rue Photography, what an honor! We can't wait to meet you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We are forever grateful!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! I can't wait to see the pictures.

    PS: I was Whitney Davis' roommate at ABAC. Your family has been deep in my prayers. I always loved hearing stories from Whitney about you all's family, what a great bond you all have! I miss seeing Whitney all the time, she is certainly a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo bring out the tissues. I couldn't think of a more deserving family. You're family is precious Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a family that deserves it more - can't wait to see the wonderful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete