Saturday, April 30, 2011

525600 minutes

Somehow I missed the "Happy 10 Monthaversary Super Coop!". Oh, and the "Coop Turns 11 Months Old Today" posts. Sheesh.

I have his monthaversary onesies laid out on his dresser. They've been there for the past 2 months. Right beside his froggie lovie, a nose squigie, and a stack of invitations I lost and then had to re-write.

So here's what happened: We woke up this morning and well, he is oNe yEArs old. Get back jack. It's pretty much crazy.

I'm confused, understandably, because I just had him yesterday.



He has been grinning from ear to ear ALL. DAY. LONG. Presh. It's like he's known it was his special day. Maybe it's because we've sang him Happy Birthday a gazillion times. Each time he blushes, buries his little face, and comes up squinty eyed and giggly. Melts my heart.
Somewhere in the midst of the daily doins I've lost track of time. I watch him toddling across the family room and wonder "Who has come to visit and forgotten to take their big kid home with them?" and "Has anyone seen my teeny tiny little baby Coopie?". Hubs keeps reminding me that Coop's a big boy now. Toothbrush, walking shoes, sippy cup, dinosaur jammies, convertible carseat and all.
I stopped today and thought back over the past year. Then I took a nap and thought about it some more. God has poured out his mercy over our little family this past year. We are still speechless as we stand in awe of His grace.
We haven't been rocking Coop to sleep anymore. Somewhere amidst his 4am wake up calls we decided it was because of our night night routine, so we started rocking during story time and sing-along-songs, but not all the way to sleepyland.

Not tonight folks. Rocked that little baby all the way to open-mouth-breathin, drool-puddlin', sweet-sigh-givin', floppy-arms-flappin' Land of Nod.


Then I watched him sleep with his tushie in the air and sang him bedtime prayers and thanked God 502 times for his precious little old baby self.



Lord, you are my God. I will exhault you and praise your name. For in perfect faithfulness, you have done wonderful things planned long ago. -Isaiah 25:1



1 comment:

  1. Oh Ali, what a wonderful post. Happy first birthday to your sweet baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete