Monday, May 9, 2011

Whale of a Good Time!

We've been holdin' tight to our britches these past few weeks! Little man turned one on the 30th (although I still can't even wrap my head around the very idea) and we had ourselves a whale of a good time celebrating his big day!He's such a little ham bone.
So blessed to be surrounded by family and sweet friends on this very special day!

Uncle Christopher and Kevin came all the way down from Virginia just to splash around with Super Coop.
And Dear, Sweet Gidge (aka Loulu/Abby) whipped up yet another fabulous masterpiece-- I might have had a complete field day pulling together a few things for my sweet birthday boy...




Ok, so I totally stalked the Amy Atlas blog for approximately 1048 hours before the party getting ideas. Didn't help that Chris was out of town for 2 weeks right before Coop's big day. What's a girl to do besides find purposes for craft paper and mason jars? Mom came up Friday night and we had ourselves a total slumber party. She is the QUEEN of all things tasty (don't know how I missed the boat there??) From pinwheels to sausage balls to fruit trays to dips. Holy moly. Yum. Yum. Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Super Coop! We whaley love you, we whaley do!

And for the sake of documenting old school lock-and-key-diary-style. Did I mention what our week consisted of pre-birthday bash? Let me just say, when draining your car battery and attempting to jump off your vehicle, it is most important to make sure that you do in fact, have the jumper cables attached to the actual BATTERY. This rectangular box under the hood is not to be mistaken with the fuse box.


I will cut to the chase. I tried to blow up my car. For 4 hours. Thankfully a good Samaritan came along and informed me that I might want to re-attach the jumper cables to something a little less fuseboxish. Sparks. Smoke. Sparks. Sigh.


Over a week later, we still can't figure out the extent of the damage. Bat eyelashes. Smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment