Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mopeds and Fruity Pebbles

I am anxious tonight. A year ago this week, Chris left for a trip to Arkansas and our lives were forever changed. I don't roll with a ton of anxiety anymore these days, so this has kinda caught me off guard.

I went to Super Target last night and bought some Fruity Pebbles to help me cope. Who knew Fruity Pebbles could calm the nerves.

It's been 3 (t-h-r-e-e) weeks since I've had AC in my car. You can bet I will never ever ever jump off my fuse box again. Ever. Ever. Here's hoping tomorrow's mechanic has better luck or we will be driving the Envoy into the lake and purchasing a moped. Only I'd still be AC-less, I guess.

I hope our Allstate agent isn't reading this.

Today I got so hot in the car, I considered taking off all of my clothes and driving home from work in my skibbies. I was so so happy to get home and cool off, only I came in and found our little digital thermostat blinking 85. Upstairs and down. I think God's trying to teach us something.

What I am MOST thankful for today TOTALLY outweighs my jittery nerves and sweaty brow. I have the best family in all the world, a job that I am beside myself over, the sweetest little baby boy who blows me kisses in the bathtub, the most fabulous husband in all the world who surprised me with a bouquet of hydrangeas (my absolute FAVE) this week, and a Chick-fil-a with unlimited sweet tea AND crushed ice within walking distance from my new office.

Mighty blessed. Mighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment