Saturday, June 11, 2011

Super Coop

This picture makes my heart skip a beat. It was taken right before Super Coop grabbed his briefcase and his pappy and headed off for a hard day at the office. I love his chunky monkey thighs. And his mischievous grin. And how he tucks his arms up under his cape so no one can tickle him. He's got work to do and can't be bothered with silly games like peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. I want to freeze this very moment. Savor it for a while. Hold on to it until I am ready for him to outgrow more of his clothes and run away from me and drag his feet a little lower when I rock him to sleep at night.

He started big boy school this week.

And went on his first boat ride.
And ate a rock, some sand, and some teddy grahams.
Oh how we love him. How we constantly thank God for being so good and gracious and giving him to us. How he keeps us laughing. And running. And playing.

"I sing for joy at the work of Your hands". -Psalm 92:4

1 comment: