Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cooperisms

Nerd alert. I love language. I'm a speech path. I just can't help myself.

*Disclaimer: Please excuse this silly post...it's just that I really, really want to remember these things when I'm 87 and sitting on the front porch of Cracker Barrel with my orthopedic shoes, hearing aids, and AARP card.*

We started a list of Cooperisms when he was about 14 months old. Hilarious things he says that we just don't have the heart to correct. Ever. (Bad SLP).

  1. "Teaf" Translation: I want some more sweet tea please.

  2. "Rain, Rain Go Gah-way".

3. "Chachi-nip" Translation: Chocolate Milk

4. "Tommy" Translation: Thomas the Train. They are real good buds. Nick name status and all.

5. "Can-Canes" Translation: All things "candy" related. Except for "la-pops".
6. "Biaper" Translation: Diaper.

7. "Boccah Ball" Translation: Soccer Ball.

8. "Ba-lelly" Translation: Peanut Butter and Jelly. Daddy's all time fave.

9. "Soft Pillows" Translation: Marshmallows.

10. "Swocks" Translation: Socks.
11. "Down Nares" Translation: Downstairs. Or down your nares. Either whicha way.

12. "Boogah". Translation: Ugly green boogers.

13. "Famote" Translation: Remote Control.

14. "Alligator" Translation: Elevator. In Macy's.

15. "Beench" Translation: Bench. Country Bumpkin. I will never ever correct this. Mostly because I love to see other people's faces at the park when he says he's going to go sit on the beench and take a rest.
16. "Goggles" Translation: Bugles. Chip off the old block. He's hooked.

17. "Fire-n-rice" Translation: I would like to go out for Hibachi, please.

18. "Pissy-Wasser" Translation: Pressure Washer. Mimi's all time fave. It's terrible.

19. "W" Translation: His Spring Horse's name down at the farm.

20. Our forever favorite. "Sgwgwy". Sound it out. It will make you giggle. Translation: Squidgy.
I will be the first to admit that I can't help but shed a tear or two when he loses a Cooperism. I also cry when he puts his toy trains down the toilet and when he takes Chris' hand and calls him his "best friend".
Love this little man to pieces. Pictures are from our fab day over at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth. It was almost more fun that we could handle. Best $19 spent in a long, long time.


1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! And I'm with you...I cried just a little when some of the boys "isms" turned into the real deal. Your little boy is just the most precious little guy!

    ReplyDelete