Saturday, June 6, 2009

Every Picture Tells a Story

Today was jam packed with tons of fun adventures!

This morning I discovered two little slices of heaven here on earth. The first: Real Deals. Wow. 12 miles of Hobby Lobby type fabulousness. Insane-o. Came home with a darlin' monogrammed silver bracelet. It might have been the only thing along that 12 mile stretch that had nothing to do with home decor, but I just had to have it.

My Real Deals jaunt was followed by a trip to the grand opening of Ann Taylor Loft Outlet. Let me just say, whoa. There was much shrieking (internally, of course) and jumping around. After about an hour of walking around in circles and breaking into hives from much excitement, I realized that the marketing gurus at the Loft are pretty clever because I was 110% convinced that I just had to stock up on last seasons threads at unbeatable outlet prices. About 10 minutes later I stood in line dumbfounded at how quickly I was highjacked by retail insanity. I put all but 2 oober cute summer tops back and hightailed it home before I got myself into any more trouble.

My Real Deals and Ann Taylor Loft Outlet adventure was followed by a trip down south for a memorial dinner for sweet Mama Potts. Her group of YaYa Sisters (aka: The 50 Plus Club) invited our family out to eat in memory of what would have been her 89th birthday. Bless them.

Hubs and I arrived in the sleepy town of Griffin, GA 45 minutes early. That was just enough time to tear up the town before meeting up with the hilarious group of orthopedic shoe wearing little old ladies. I decided it was time to introduce Chris to The Griffin Sock Shoppe. Home of the "50 cent" pair of socks. Opened in 1936, the Sock Shoppe is simply a southern staple. We couldn't help but take this picture to capture the true beauty of such a place. Every good, strong lad should own a pair of "fancy socks".



After perusing the Sock Shoppe, we toured the downtown district where we ended up on the "wrong side of the tracks". There we couldn't help but snap this picture:

It's always good to give folks a heads up. Was it wrong that we stood in the middle of the street cracking up as we took pictures of the sign from a variety of different angles?


Dinner was an absolute hoot. Picture 10 90-something year old ladies trying to eat dinner while sitting at high top bar tables in a dimly lit "Sixth Street Pier Bar and Grill". Whichever old biddy booked the place was certainly not thinking about the double and triple knee and hip replacements that were going to have to climb up on the swivel bar stools in order to place their order by candlelight. We have never laughed so hard (or so discretely) in all our lives. These ladies are loony tunes. And we love them dearly. Since only 2 of them still drive and many were trying to beat nursing home curfews, we had to pick up the pace and wrap things up before I could snap a photo. I know that Mama Potts' was looking down from her white cloud in heaven chuckling away at all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment