Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Good Lord was Willing and the Creek Didn't Rise!

I am doing the happy dance. I feel compelled to list the reasons why:

1. Just got home from FANTASTIC anniversary trip to Charleston, Tybee Island, and Savannah! Yay for local road trips! Yay for anniversaries!
2. On said anniversary trip, I was able to reconnect with this spectacular bathtub at the Mansion. Ahh.

3. We also reconnected with the sun and sand.

Hello tan lines. Where have you been?!
4. Hubs could hardly believe it: I parallel parked PERFECTLY on the first try in Downtown Charleston. With people watching. Without tears or profuse sweating. Seriously. Totally Happy Dance worthy. Never in my 13 years of driving has this ever happened. Ever. It was fabulous!(Yes, we did indeed take a picture to document the moment. It was that special.)
5. We got to see lots of porches, rocking chairs, and chandeliers. These are things that make me happy. There has to be some way we can live here. A pink house by the water with double porches, rocking chairs, and a spiral staircase. A little slice of heaven on earth!
Apparently I became obsessed with sparkly things on this trip. Before we left I kept saying that I was craving a change of scenery. We don't have any of these sparkly chandeliers in our town home, so there ya go.

6. I caught the perfect photo opp of Hubs on a stroll downtown one night.
I couldn't resist and apparently neither could he!

7. We celebrated 3 years of marriage. In the rain. In Savannah. It was remarkably identical to our wedding night. (Minus the whole fire fighter-power outage-lack of food-lack of AC-fiasco ordeal.)

...And last, but not least...

8. We came home to a message on the answering machine. A nice lady by the name of Amanda was calling to...offer...Hubs...a...JOBBBBBBBBB! We stared at the little black machine in total disbelief. Then we resumed the happy dance and have been going ever since.
The job, although not Hubs' top pick, is an answered prayer! It will buy us some time until his dream job comes along and oh, the sweet relief we are feeling right now!!!
Oh! I forgot to mention, the job offer is with Macys. Which means one thing: DISCOUNT SHOPPING! Woooo!
Seesh! I have officially worn myself out.
And now for a moment of serious reflection. The following verse has kept me going over the past year. Whenever I find myself with the urge to flail on the floor thinking we will never make it, this verse comes to me.
As I was stepping out of the shower last Wednesday I swear I heard the voice of God. I'm not sure I have ever heard him speak to me quite so clearly. He told me 3 times "Hold on. Hold on. Hold on." And so I did.

"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundations on the rock."Matthew 7:25

As always, I am in awe of God's goodness. I am quietly reminded that it is His timing, not ours that always prevails. Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment