Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spilling the Beans!

Today was priceless.

My mom came up to have one of our marathon girl's days where we run around shopping and getting pedicures and eating yummy lunch. She had no idea what I had in store for her :)

We started the day over at the Forum at Peachtree Parkway. My mom is going to a conference next week in that area so she wanted to scope out the directions minus Monday morning rush hour traffic. We drove around for what felt like 4 hours. She kept missing her turns and driving and driving and driving. All the while she talked about how excited she is for her best friend Sherrie who is going to become a grandmother any day now. Ha.

I thought I was going to burst!

Finally, after finding her office building, we decided it was time for some lunch. We headed over to the Forum and decided to grab lunch at one of my favorite places, Grace 17:20.

Before we went in to eat, we spotted a darling little boutique/gift store called Lime Tree. We decided to swing in and peruse around a little.

There was a small table in the corner of the store filled with baby gifts. I quietly snuck over and spotted a set of note cards that said "New Mommy" across the front. I picked them up and walked over to Mom and said "I think I need to buy these".

She said "For who?"

I said "For me".

Insert silence and eye widening. Between the screaming and shrieking and crying that followed, I am sure we were quite the show! She was absolutely BESIDE HERSELF! It was a hoot!! The cute store girls came over and got in on our celebration and gave her lots of tissues for her tears.

Although I took my camera to capture the moment, I got swept away in everything and totally forgot. I have never seen her quite so happy! She was just beaming!

We spent the rest of the entire day shopping for maternity clothes and cute baby things. Totally unnecessary at this point in the game, but totally worth every minute!

What a HUGE blessing this baby is and will be.

My cup truly runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment