Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ants in My Pants

Seven Weeks, wooo!

Let's see...what kind of mischief have we been up to this week? Get this crazy mess: on Monday I decided that I wanted to call Dr. Sermons' office and ask him about my blood work. Curiosity (ok, and worry) got the best of me and I thought "what's the harm?!" So I called the office and a sweet nurse put me on hold for 10 minutes while she went to grab my chart. She came back and told me that she had finally located my chart but that it was on Dr. Sermons' desk and that he said he was wanted to call me to talk about some things.

Eek.

This was about 4:00-ish. By 6:00 I had paced the halls of work and made it through 2 more patients only to get a follow up phone call from another nurse who said that Dr. Sermons was still busy but not to worry about anything. She said he would call if there was a problem, even if it was midnight and he woke us out of a dead sleep, he would call. Okie dokie.

I came home and Chris and I stared at the phone. It never rang.

At 10pm low and behold: "incoming call". It was the Sermonator himself. At work. At 10pm. My first question was "What on earth are you still doing at work!?" My second question was "What on earth is wrong with my lab work!?"

He laughed and told me that he just wanted to be the one to call to tell us that everything looks great. (Sigh of relief!) He said "you gonna be very happy Miss. Alison".

Alrighty! So my hCG levels and progesterone levels are both a-ok! Whew!

This picture looks strangely different from last week. My food aversions have grown and my tummy has shrunk. Hilarious. Until I am heaving up Banana Bread Oatmeal that I had just 10 minutes earlier flown up to Publix to buy out of extreme craving craziness. Fabulous.

This Week's News:
Food Cravings: All things orange. My friend Abby says that pregnant ladies like orange things for some reason. I find this to be true. Most recent favorites: Fanta Orange Drink, Cheetos Asteroids (whoa, yumminess), and orange sour skittles. My other (daily) obsession is Chipolte's lime tortilla chips with guacamole. One night this week I ate a roast beef sandwich with a side of guac. Mmm, tasty. :)

Emotional Basketcase Moment: Hormonal rage in Kohls when the girl in front of me in line wouldn't shut up about Alabama Football. Completely irrational rage. She was just so loud. Even her mom (who was begrudgingly shopping with her) looked at her and rolled her eyes. I was also taken aback by her plaid button up shirt with sweat-shorts. You know the ones. Made out of sweat pant material but cut as short as booty shorts. Atrocious.

Currently Grateful For: My sweet sweet husband who loves me unconditionally and eats roast beef sandwiches with guacamole despite secretly wanting pancakes for dinner, tons of FABULOUS friends and family members who can't help but share in our joy and happiness, and a precious blueberry baby growin' inside my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. ok..i'm going to add you on my blogroll b/c clearly i need to stay updated more often.
    i am so happy for you! congratulations! congratulations! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete