Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fabulous Fall Frenzy

Fabulous Fall Frenzy: 12 Reasons why Fall is absolutely fabulous...
1. Caramel Apple Spiced Drinks from Starbucks. Good heavens.
2. Pumpkin Spiced Muffins from Einsteins. Oh my.
3. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Antibacterial Soap from Bath and Body Works. Incentive to "foam up" even more. Go away Swine Flu.
4. Highs in the low 70's, lows in the 50's. Ahh.
5. Long sleeve t-shirts from the Gap.
6. Boots and cute scarves (my new fav accessory to hide the baby bump).
7. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (stolen from the Halloween candy bowl, of course).
8. Leaves (best views during trip to Hayesville, NC to chow down at Country Cottage Deli).
9. Crisp air. Nothing quite like a long runs (or walks) in the cool, crisp air. My fav!
10. Candy corn.
11. Fall sweeps. Nothing like hours of mindless trashy reality tv shows. Love it.
12. Whippin' out paper turkey crafts with my little pumpkins at work. You know the one...where you trace your hand and create feathers out of each finger tracing? My favorite part is adding the plastic googly eye for added effect.

In other news, we're 9 weeks today-yay! My new found extreme nausea has left me clinging to the couch with cold can of ginger ale and a cup of chicken broth. I will have to add my ridiculous 9 week belly pic upon actually putting on clothes and brushing my hair (and teeth). Gross, I know.

Update: 9 week photo. It's a good day. I showered. I ate. I brushed my teeth. I put on clothes. I even went to the mall. Wooo!


This weeks happenins:
Food Cravings: Sadly food has become a 4-letter word in our house. Here's hopin' my relationship with all things edible is repaired soon! Today I went to Chick-fil-a and ordered a bun with some ketchup. Does this mean my love affair with CFLA is on the mend??

Emotional Basketcase Moment: Um. I cried during "The Biggest Loser" last night. I couldn't decide if it was because I was so proud of Amanda when she gritted her teeth and hauled booty on level 8.5 on the treadmill or if I experienced hurt feelings vicariously as Jillian yelled at Tracey after she caved and ate 4 mini-cupcakes. Seriously?

Hormonal Rage Currently Directed At: Luke the massive black lab mix I am currently dog sitting for. He is enormous and likes to boss me around. I try to love him and talk sweet to him and take him on long walks in the crisp fall air, but he insists on causing me to face plant it on the sidewalk by spontaneously hunkering down and refusing to move. He also will NOT poop outside. Despite how many times I take him out and coax him to "do his doody" he won't do it. Doggy personality disorder? I think so. Regardless, I love him. Doggy-crabbiness and all.

Currently Grateful For: Parents being able to sneak away for their anniversary trip to Vegas, sweet little green olive growing like crazy in my tummy, hubby's successful interviews x5 in LA (and more sure to come in NC tomorrow), tons of baby contraptions delivered by my fab SIL and 3 year old nephew, and a new episode of Toddlers and Tiaras.

1 comment:

  1. Why are you hiding the baby bump?!?! Flaunt it proudly - you worked hard for it :P I need some 9-week belly pics!

    Sounds like you are having the same pregnancy I did! Just reading your account of it makes me nauseous.

    ReplyDelete