Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You Put the Lime in the Coconut

11 weeks!

Our sweet little lime is growing like crazy! We got to sneak a peek at Baby D on Tuesday and WOW what a difference a few weeks makes! Baby was snoozing throughout the entire ultrasound...that is until Dr. Sermons made me cough. Oh boy. That little baby does NOT like to be woken up! Ha! It starting flailing about, kicking his/her legs, and pounding his/her fists. It finished it's tantrum with a few flips and rolls for kicks and giggles sake. Then it promptly fell right back to sleep.

Let me take this moment to discuss how awkward it is to call a sweet little baby "it". It seems so impersonal. You end up writing and re-writing sentences and phrasing and re-phrasing comments. For example do you go with the excessive "he/she-his/her" or simplify and say "it"? Strange, I tell you.

Here is the top view ultrasound pic. Please excuse the crookedness. I love how his/her little legs are criss-cross applesauce in this picture. Makes me laugh because I tell little ones to "sit criss-cross applesauce" ALL DAY LONG. Finally, someone listened!

The head is little alien-like, Chris says. I have to agree, but it's nothing short of a miracle to see everything coming together. For instance, Baby's palate is completely formed now (super fascinating in my profession), his/her fingers and toes have soft nails covering them, taste buds have developed, and Baby has just started to, well, pee-pee.

Speaking of "miracles", look at this adorable hand-made frame Abby J made me. Absolutely precious.

That girl is the queen of craftiness. And thoughtfulness. Love her to pieces.

This Week's News:
Food Cravings: Doritos. Dipped in ketchup.
Emotional Basketcase Moments: I cried during Jim and Pam's wedding on this week's episode of the Office. R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.
Hormonal Rage Currently Directed At: The 82 pound lady who works at Destination Maternity at Discover Mills. Please forgive me if she has some how made her way to my blog. For the love of pete, she needs to know how stinkin' inappropriate she is. I have to complete 3 "drive-bys" before I will even step foot in there because of multiple bad experiences with this woman.
Currently Grateful For: Hub's first week of work--yayay!, fabulous friends who I love dearly and couldn't imagine not having by my side, and pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting from Einsteins.

No comments:

Post a Comment