Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hot Diggity Dog

The batteries on little man's swing decided to poop out at 4:30 this afternoon. I would have posted sooner, but I've been manually pushing him (weee!) for most of the night to keep him from joining the ranks on the cranky tank. When I stop, he reminds me that he is the boss. Mister in charge. Landmark Mommy Moment. Push. Push. Push.

It's late and I am super duper tired, but today was a big day, so I will leave you with 2 lists. The first is my Hot Diggity Dog list. Also known as Top 5 Reasons Why Today Totally Rocked. The second is my Heavens to Betsy List. Otherwise known as Top 5 Reasons Why Today Seriously Sucked. Just keepin' it real friends. (Although to be completely honest, I could only think of 2 legit things to put on the Heavens to Betsy list. I just rambled for the rest of it for the sake of symmetry).

Hot Diggity Dog:
1) I solved the Mystery of the Mailbox Mustard Seed. They don't call me Nancy Drew for nothin'. Have I mentioned how awesome our friends are???
2) 1 down. 7 to go.
3) My baseboards glisten. My blinds shimmer. My toilets sparkle. Best surprise a girl could EVER ask for...fabulous friends Lori and Colleen put on their Super Friend Capes and totally treated us to a Housekeeper-for-a-Day. Mercy. What a Godsend. Nothing like walking into a completely clean house after 10 hours at the Cancer Answer. So incredibly humbling to accept help. SO GRATEFUL. SO HAPPY.
4) Got the most precious care package in the mail today. Complete with pee pee tee pees for Cooper and a super fabulous treat for Chris and I. Natalie, you absolutely outdid yourself. Again, do we have the best friends in all the world or what!?!?!?
5) Cooper spent the entire day being loved on by his Nana. At no point did we have to worry about him being taken care of. You can't put a price on peace of mind.

Heavens to Betsy:
1) 1 down. 7 to go. But alas, we did not find the Cancer Answer today. Chris was a trooper all day long. He was robbed of his bone marrow, he was poked, he was prodded, he was poked again. He endured the Red Devil (most potent chemo drug, cool aid red, said to "melt cancer like butta"). He took it like a champ. We figured it would take a few days for the dreaded side effects to kick in, but sadly no. He is so so sick. I've never ever seen him like this. My heart is breaking.
2) Chemo is expensive. Apparently we get to pay $100 in co-pays each time he goes in for treatment.
3) I took my 2 month old to Kroger at 11 o'clock at night in a frantic frenzy for recommended anti-side effect drugs. I might have kicked a buggy clear across the parking lot out of frustration when I couldn't get it to separate from the other buggy it was stuck to. (You know the scenario. Imagine same scenario while trying to juggle enormous baby carrier and chunky monkey child.) Apparently the 5 idiots who watched me kick the buggy and make a fool out of myself didn't feel the need to help. Growl. Super Coop had heavy eyes and screamed for a bottle the entire way home. Second Landmark Mommy Moment of the Day.
4) We have to implement the double flush policy at our house from now own. Cancer Answer staff instilled fear of God by saying the "juice" can be transmitted through tee-tee and since I am breastfeeding, it could be harmful to Cooper. Follow that? Me either. Flush. Flush.
5) In less than 9 hours, Coop will be getting his first round of shots...yay 2 month check-up! Boo shots! I will be flying solo because Chris has missed too much work. Wonder who will earn the biggest cry-baby of the century award?

Regardless of how many Hot Diggity Dog moments and Heavens to Betsy Moments we come into each day, we know that "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord". And nothing else matters.

Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment