Friday, June 4, 2010

Mustard Seed

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

My sweet husband got the news today. He has cancer.

Ironically I was out walking at the very place I ran the Nike Half Marathon to benefit Lymphoma 2 years ago when I got the call.

Our faith is strong and our love is deep. God is watching over us, we just know He is.

Thank you all a million times over for all of your love, support, and prayers.

Now it's time to go move some mountains and kick some cancer badunkadunk. Stupid cancer.

4 comments:

  1. i remember my "cancer call". i was only 15 so they didn't tell me, but had my parents go meet w/my surgeon. i thought they were out buying me a car (i turned 16 in less than 2 weeks)...turns out they were talking to oncologists.
    i have the very best oncologist out there if you need someone. he is fabulous in every single way and i put my life in his hands...and i would do it again. it's sincere, down-to-earth, and caring. his name is dr. anthony landis.
    please know that i'm praying for you both. you never know why this stuff happens until years later. now i know it happened to me to make me--and my family spiritually stronger--and that b/c of it i only have half an ovary...but i still have a daughter.
    i don't know what i'm trying to say, all i know is that: 1. it SUCKS and 2. you can get through this, but only with God. (one "plus" side is that a lot of oncologists work w/hematologists (blood docs) so that almost always have a free soft drink fountain in the waiting. free fountain cokes every week? sign me up! hehe (it's the little things some times)
    i love you and if you need ANYTHING let me know, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ali! i just wanted to let you know that i will be praying for you guys and will be passing the prayer request along at my next small group meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali,
    I don't even know what to say, we are just broken, but know that God can do anything and He can perform miracles!!!! I see Him do it everyday at work and in our own lives. We are praying for you right now, you and him can kick this cancer's butt and move forward in this journey. We love you guys! Please let me know what we can do other than praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali- My heart is breaking for you and your family! I will definitely be keeping your family in my prayers. You guys have been through so much and always come out on the other side. I have faith that God will again work miracles in your life.

    ReplyDelete