Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Be Sweet

It's been 15 days since I posted last.

I thought about saying it's because we packed our bags and flew off to Australia (we are CRUSHED that we are missing your big day Aussie and Bex!). I thought about saying it's because we were laying poolside drinking little umbrella drinks in Tahiti. I thought about saying it's because we won the lottery and were deciding how to spend the windfall. Seaside villa? Mountain cottage?

Really, it's just been a tough couple of weeks. I have wanted to blog several times but I stare at the screen and think to myself "if you don't have anything nice to say"... So instead, I spend my online hyperspace time ordering monogrammed necklaces and googling Veggie Tales videos.

As Abby's mama would say "Be sweet". Best advice ever. Ever, ever.

So here I am, ready to "be sweet".

We are done with Juice Number 6! Woooot! Only 2 more and boy howdy are we counting down the days! As we say here in the Davis house, if this were football, we'd be in the 4th quarter. (Followed by hands raised with 4 fingers and fist pumping).
I won't lie. It's gotten progressively more challenging. Just being real, y'all.

Chris is down for a longer period of time and well, it is just tough. It's tough to see him hurting and sick. It's tough to reassure him that he's almost done. It's tough to plan dinner without making him want to hurl. It's tough to remember to get all of his prescriptions filled without having to scurry around in the middle of the night. It's tough to look around the house at all of our sweet family pictures and then remember that he no longer has his full head of hair. It's tough to keep up with laundry when you just want to spend every minute loving on your family. It's tough to go to work and hold a child's hand instead of to the Cancer Answer and hold your husband's hand.

What's NOT tough is: how incredibly loved and supported we feel, how 5 minutes of Chris feeling good makes up for a week of him feeling crummy, how hearing Coopie poot in the middle of the night over the monitor brings about fits of uncontrollable laughter, how 6 ounces of Yogli Mogli makes it all better, how coming home to a sparkling clean house allows me to spend 10x more precious minutes with my boys, how a homemade baked Ziti meal warms our hearts and tummies, how watching Grandada sneak blue icing to your baby makes you smile (and secretly wonder if he will have uncontrollable bouts of diarrhea later), how Grammies and Nanas drop everything and come running to help at a moments notice, how sweet the sound of baby laughter is first thing in the morning, and how watching my two loves take a nap together is just a precious as seeing the vastness of the ocean or the majesty of a mountain top.
(They might both ring my neck for posting this one, but I just couldn't resist. Blackmail? I think so.)
We are loved. We are strong. We are rooted in faith. And we are going to be done with this journey in just a few months! Anyone want to celebrate with us??? Seriously! Tahiti? Australia? Japan? Greece? Alaskan Cuise? Dollywood? Gatlinburg?

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, for the LORD your God is with you. -Deuteronomy 31:6

3 comments:

  1. I love you and your steadfastness. If anyone has any reason to lose faith it's you, but you don't. I continue to keep you in my prayers. Honestly, our pastor spoke about Job this week and you seriously entered my mind. Keep the faith my friend, your rainbow is coming. If you get a chance this week, listen to the song You Hold Me Now by Hillsong United....and take a second to cry it out. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    No one expects this not to be a tough road for you...if it wasn't, well, we'd just have to wonder.

    "Real" is good...There's no doubt how strong your faith is, even if you entitle yourself to wear your sad face. We're your friends, and that's what we're here for. Besides, if we don't know the tough stuff, we don't know what to pray extra hard for.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete