Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pinterest

So this pinterest.com business. It's got me all confused. I avoided it. Fought the urge tooth and nail. Lawd knows we've got quite enough time snatchers and I just wasn't going to do it. No siree.

So I joined last week. These pin boards. They are oh so fun, I totally agree. The joy, oh the joy! Snagging pictures, pinning them up to oober cute little boards. Craft ideas. Fashion ideas. Home ideas. Kid ideas. Gift ideas. Quote ideas.

But it's got me thinking. Is there any multimedia modality that doesn't encourage us to stalk network with one another?

Here's the thing. Say you find a super fabulous gift idea and you eagerly pin it up on your board labeled "gift ideas". Within ten seconds, fifteen of your closest girlfriends (marked recipients of said fabulous gift idea) have seen it on your board, liked it, and pinned it on their own boards. Am I lost? Have I gotten so distracted by the ribbon holding baskets and mason jar wall art that I don't, in fact, get it?

I still can't eat ice. And don't stroke, but sweet tea tastes funky. I know. What is this all about? I think I need a vaca. New York City in October? I think so. It's time. Have I mentioned that Hubs is doing several events for Betsey Johnson at her Soho store? It's true. I helped him pick out a pink polka dotted tie to wear to one of the shindigs. We chickened out before we reached the counter, but it was quite fab, in a doublebubble kind of way.

I'm a super slacker these days when it comes to posting. It has everything to do with the iPad. I'm not so much a gadget girl, but I LOVE this little gadget. Incredible is what it is. User friendly for blogging and uploading pictures, is what it's not.

My big bro came to visit this weekend. He's older than me. And always will be. *Love*

He brought his honey, Uncle Kevin. We love them so :)

They came for a food extravaganza down on the farm. The menu included all of Christopher's very very favorites: Buffalo chicken dip (v.1 Ranch; v.2 Blue Cheese), Fresh Air Bbq coleslaw, Mom's famous homemade potato salad, pinwheel sandwich roll ups (oh the pinwheels! oh the pinwheels!), ribs, chicken, hot dogs,  hash brown casserole (ooh-wee), and about a million other things all baked up in 9x13s smelling all kinds of good.

Mom, are you reading this? I should have packed to-go boxes like you told me (twice).

Coop ate so much he puked. Sister says it's because he ate 2 spoon fulls of everything (and then some) and then ran around the kitchen table 14 times. I say it might have had something to do with the gallon of Blue Bell's we caught him eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment