Thursday, December 22, 2011

Prayers for Parker

You know my sweet sweet friend Abby?
You might remember her...She was my Floormie in F5. She was is my car dancin' buddy (jazz hands) in Athens (and beyond). She's the one who was by my side when we took the leap into grownuphood. She's the one who agreed that we should indeed move apartment units just to get the cherry cabinets we so dreamed of.  She's the one who played Supermarket Sweep with me in Target one night at 9:56 pm when we decided we needed to redecorate (again). She's the one who taught me the beauty of a 1am Krystal Chik and a small Dr. Pepper. She's the one who taught me about espionage. And debacles.

She has some mad dance moves.
She's the one who never refuses to dance The Devil Went Down to Georgia with me. Even if it's in broad daylight and she is wearing the most uncomfortable of shoes.
She's the one who welcomed sweet Jeremiah into her world and became a mama just a few short months after she lost her own mama.
She's the one who has been a rock for her family. And for her friends.

She's the one who sat with me in the Babies R Us parking lot while I cried my eyes out last year when our world was turned upside down. She's the one who hand-delivered a bouquet of hydrangeas the day Chris started chemo. She's the one who pours herself into creating edible masterpieces just to see others smile.

She's the one who came with me to meet Tony. And the one who giggled like a school girl when it was our turn to shake his hand.
She's the one needs YOUR mighty prayers. Her Precious Parker needs your prayers. Her sweet hubby Mike needs your prayers. And little JB.

Abby is an absolute blessing. God's grace is so evident in her. She is strong, she is courageous, she is faithful. And I am entirely blessed to have her as one of my besties.

Pray, pray, pray without ceasing. Lift them up every chance you get.

We love you Gidge! We love you Mike! We love you JB! And we love you Precious Baby Parker!!


1 comment: