Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sleepy

We went to meet Santa Thursday night. Oh my stars, Coop LOVED him. He loved the choo choos more. And the fishies. And the moose. Kudos to Bass Pro for a fabulous first Sittin'-on-Santa's-lap experience.

I've been in a drug induced coma for the past 3 days. We're on the final fertility med for this cycle and it's the first that has thrown me for a loop. Merciful cheesenips, it is most bizarre. I sleep and I sleep and I sleep and I wake up tipsy. It's hilarious. And terrible. All at once.

I dropped the ball on our Christmas cards. a) We haven't had any pictures taken recently that are Christmas cardy. 2) It's December 18 and we haven't even addressed them. 3) They printed all funky. Like totally unacceptable funky. Here's what they shoulda looked like.

I blame it on the Prometrium.

Chris had to drive for me today. The road signs were spinning. And you know it's bad when I can't even keep my eyes open to watch "On the Case with Paula Zahn". Apparently this is normal. So long as you have 10-12 hours a night to "sleep it off", it's not supposed to be so bad. 10 hours of consecutive sleep? I haven't seen that since my Millege Place days.

Coopster went down to the farm this weekend. We are so very blessed to have such fabulous parents who love that little fella inside out and outside in. He had a big time. Feeding the horses, playing checkers, drinking chocolate juice, eating chicken cookies, and playing Coopie Choo Choo. Thanks a million Mimi and Poppie Tots!

My heart is so heavy for so many incredible people right now. It's been almost a year since Uncle Stevie went to meet Jesus. How can that be? Oh how my heart aches for his sweet wife Dori and precious baby girl Ludi Mae. My soul searches for the right words to say but none suffice. My heart breaks for Chris and for his mom and for his dad and for his sisters and for his brother. What we'd all give just to hug his neck just one more time.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may find mercy and grace in time of need. -Hebrews 4:16

My sweet sweet Lori lost her mother-in-law Friday night. She has been such a rock for her family, and we just adore her so.

Our good friends Heidi and Ryan lost their Nannie early this morning. They're heading down to Florida for the services tomorrow.

I fell in love with a complete strangers this morning. I somehow came across this amazing family's story and I just can't get them off my mind. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for them all day long. You can see God's grace pouring from them. They are humble. They are courageous.

Can you imagine heaven this week? I mean, it's got to be just absolutely amazing. FULL of His glory. FULL of mercy and grace.

I'll leave you with my all-time jam right now. Turn it up loud. Raise your voice. Lift up your face. Abundant blessings to you all...



2 comments: