Tuesday, December 13, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are some mighty sweet days around here.

Trimming the tree...
Chasing Elfis around...
You think our freezer is bad...you should see our pantry. Do Candy Cane Jo Joes and Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes stand alone as a food group?

Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier...
We spotted the Ferris Wheel a mile away. I shrieked and ran off to the ticket booth doing the carnival dance. We skipped hand in hand up to the gate, handed over our tickets, popped our booties into the seat and I instantly had a panic attack. Weeee! Whirrrr! Realization: fertility meds + rapid motion + peppermint hot chocolate = party foul. Oh my soul. There we were whooshing through the air, Coop terrified, and me green as mistletoe.
 Ok, so truth be told, it might have been a little bit fun. I call this one "FEARris Wheel". Look at those tiny white knuckles.
Coopster marveling at his first Carnie experience. Such a sweet toothless man. Or wait, was it a woman? Jury still out. This "gee up whore" ride ain't your Mall of Georgia horsey ride, y'all. We should have known something was amiss when Carnie tapped Mama here on the shoulder before "take off" and told me to widen my stance and lock my knees. Shoo. Wee. Gee up.

We had our Forsyth Flamingo's Christmas lunch today. I got the GLEE Christmas CD. The replacement one for the one I lost and will probably find tomorrow. We've been jingle janglin', Gingerbread man makin, Baby Jesus and "Tunnel Town" (Bethlehem) reading, wreath hangin (and picking up--how on earth do we make the ones on the upstairs windows STICK??), and squeezing each other extra tight.

Merry Chrimma Friends!

1 comment: