Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Alligator

Coop and I did our thing today. You know, our Wednesday thing. The one where we go to ride the horsies at the mall and eat Chick-fil-a and sprinkle cookies from the Cookie Company. Only today Coop begged and begged to ride the "alligator" (elevator) in Macy's. So we did. Up and down and up and down. "Alligator mommy! Alligator!" Bless his bones. Then we drove through the JC Penny "tunnel" (parking deck) tooting the horn like we were riding through tunnels in the mountains. It was glorious. Sweet food for my soul. 

What with our expired tag on my mommy mobile that WILL NOT pass an emissions test to save it's life, I'm surprised the mall cop on his Segway didn't pull us right over. Wild things, we are.

Coop's birthday party is 10 days away. Somehow in the shuffle of the last two weeks I completely dropped the ball on getting his invites out in a timely manner. Ridiculous. I'm always on top of that stuff. Hmph.

I've just about recovered from the seatbelt episode. Just about. For sure not one of my finer moments. Sigh. I even made it through two long days at work. God's reminding me of the power of His grace every single day. He tells me that every little thing is gonna be alright. He sings over me when I am grumpy and tells me "chin up buttercup" when I am feeling blue. He's a mighty fine rock, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. I want to come play with you and Coop. You guys are always up to some serious fun!!!

    Continued prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing just fine...one day at a time. You're still in my prayers. Glad you had a wonderful day with your little man!! :)

    ReplyDelete