Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feta Cheese and God's Grace

Remember yesterday when I talked about serving a mighty God? He reminded me of that today at 10:47am. Our sweet baby went to be with Jesus. Somewhere between the snot rockets, ugly cry, and ramblings of eating feta cheese and drinking Coca-Cola, God's grace swept right over that tiny exam room and covered me. In the midst of the chaos, there He was.

Chris was miles and miles away the day he got the news about Invasion Kudzu. He's in St. Louis this week; St. Lucas, as Coopie says. He's trying with all his might to fly standby home before they take the baby Friday morning. Please pray for him and the Delta pilot who I just know will get him home in time.

I wouldn't trade the joy we've experienced over the past 3 months for anything in the world.

I'm trying to be graceful, I really am. But I can't seem to find my big girl panties. I looked all over Target tonight for a new pair, even skipped the Target nachos and wandered aimlessly in circles pushing my red buggy full of paper towels and diapers. They were nowhere to be found. Instead I will cling to God's promise that He carries us in times like these.

Thank you all for covering us in prayer. We are humbled and love you all so much.

2 comments:

  1. girl, i still remember my miscarriage and d&c like it was yesterday. i had been on fertility meds too at the time. i took it really hard b/c in my crazy unrational mind i would like at others who had miscarriages and say, 'well, they can just get pregnant again--it's soooooooo hard for me to get pregnant to begin with!'
    ...and it made me pretty bitter for almost a year until we started the process for our moseby.
    i don't know why i'm telling you all this. i guess just to say that whatever you feel is totally normal. and time (and God) will heal that pain. i look back on my miscarriage now and know that it was all part of a perfect plan that would lead me to our son, but at the time i couldn't see that through the tears and bitterness i felt toward others.
    if you need anything, please holler. sending many many prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart breaks for you reading this. I've been there too...three of our sweet babies have gone to be with Jesus, and I still feel for each one of them. But, like Natalie said, there is a perfect plan in the works. Even if we don't know, and can't see it. My prayers are with you, and your family. I hope everything today went okay, and that your hubby was able to make it back home to be with you.

    ReplyDelete