Saturday, April 21, 2012

Emissions Test

I went back to work. It was probably too soon. I was a nut job and all I could think about was missing Cooper grow up. Ridiculous, I know.

I thought I was doing better today, then I took the car to get an emissions test this morning because somehow in the craziness of this last week, we completely forgot to get our tag renewed. The car failed and I burst into tears at the little emissions test tent. The poor emissions man. He just looked at me. I mumbled something about being the lady driving around with an expired tag and empty belly and he just stared at me. He took my money and told me to be careful, that the city of Suwanee has a camera right at his tent and they probably already red flagged my tag. I put on my rhinestone sparkle sunglasses (in the rain) and sped off doing the ugly cry. Stupid tag. Stupid emissions test.

We went to Ludi Mae's birthday party tonight. It was just precious. She was a doll and I can hardly believe she is two years old already. On the way home my seatbelt attacked me. You know, when it locks into place on your shoulder and no matter what you do, it won't let you go? I started flailing around and yanking the seatbelt and burst into tears and cried for two hours. Once the unlovelyness subsided, Chris told me he thought I was seizing in the car. He was scared stiffless. Just drove and drove with me convulsing and cursing. Amazing that he can love me when I'm darn near unlovable.

What was I to do? I got attacked by a seatbelt.

Our kitchen island is full of sweet notes, cards, and flowers from sweet sweet friends. Our fridge is full of yummy meals and baked goodies. We cannot thank you all enough. Remember when I said something about "joy shared is double joy and sorrow shared is half the sorrow"? So true. Sharing our joy brought us so much happiness. Sharing our sorrow is one of the toughest things we've had to do, but we sure do appreciate you all helping to carry the load. We surely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment