Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools Day

I haven't been blogging much these days but I just needed to rant and rave about how much I hate April Fool's Day. Hate it. Once, eons ago, when Chris and I first met and fell in love, I tricked him by showing up at his place in a knee brace saying I tore my ACL.

RIDICULOUS. I don't even know what possessed me to do such a thing. It wasn't even the least bit funny. It's like we were Spring cleaning one day and I came across the brace, tried it on, laughed out loud, and hobbled next door to Chris' to see the look on his face.

It was TERRIBLE.

That blasted knee brace still comes up in conversation to this day. Like later that year when I spilled toxic ink on my legs and got second degree burns and puked in the bushes outside our apartments. Like when I told him that the limo driver went to the wrong venue the night of our wedding. Like when I called him to tell him Coop fell off the kitchen island and his ear was the size of a potato. Or the times we found out we were pregnant.

He always cocks that one eyebrow and asks me "Is this like that time you tore your ACL"?

For the love of Pete.

So anyway, Chickfila played an April Fool's joke yesterday. Announced they were introducing a Steak Fillet Biscuit. Come on. Does Truett know about this? Saying they were open on Sundays would have been waaaay cooler.

April Fool's Day jokes are risky, y'all. More times than not, they open the person playing the prank up to being the Fool and I just don't like 'em. I walk around on April 1st all skeptical and cynical with a scowl on my face disbelieving everything I hear. Then I second guess everything and worry about being the ONE person who doesn't comment or play along and end up making a fool of myself. This April Fool's Day came and went and there I was, a Fool. Again. Ridiculous. Whatev.

Now back to blogcomaland where I eat Captain Crunch and play with Coopie and celebrate all things non-April Fools Day related.

2 comments:

  1. A friend's facebook post from yesterday:

    http://gardenandgun.com/blog/chick-fil-open-sundays

    Totally fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Got all up in arms by sentence #2, but then got excited about the "Sunday Brunch" concept.
    People should know not to mess around with ChikFilA. Some things are sacred.

    Fools. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I always forget about april fools day...so usually I'm pretty easy to "get".

    ReplyDelete