Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter, Wrinkle Cream, and Target Nachos

I am hooked on a show worse than Toddlers and Tiaras. It's called Long Island Medium. It's on TLC. She's a Jersey mom who connects with spirits. She's kookoo and I don't necessarily even believe in mediums, but I adore her.
Today was the first day I didn't come home from work and lay in the floor while Coop drives his choo choos on my legs and over my face. It was glorious. We went to Target and, um, ate dinner there in the food court. Yes. In the Target food court. Can you even technically call it a "food court"? I was just sure someone was going to see us and I was going to be chawed. Nope, 8pm on a Monday night is apparently not so much a popular time for food court Pizza Hut and Target Nachos. Coop thought it was grand. He was shrieking and squealing something about how "Mama, we eat supper at Target! We eat supper at Target!".
We're 11 weeks and I decided this week was going to be the week. Zofran or no Zofran, back to the land of the living. Mind over matter.

I saw a picture of myself on Easter and cried. I look like I feel. Who knew? To make matters worse, I got a comment about how I have "quite the belly already" and when I told sweet hubs about it, he innocently responded "Maybe it's just your dress or that giant flower belt?". Tears. Anyway, nothing a new pair of walking shorts and some wrinkle cream can't fix.

Coop told us on Saturday night that he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed.
He waddled his little diaper booty in there, laid his head on the pillow, and went right to sleep. We were stunned. Thus the Target trip to convert the old guest room into his new big boy room. He is just beside himself. He asks me every morning if I am proud of him. Melts my heart. I secretly tell him it's ok if he wants to slow down a little bit. HE'S ALMOST TWO. Shesh.

With all the big boy room success, we aborted operation byebye binky. Soon enough, soon enough.

Skinned knees, golfer hat, and lollipops. The sweetest things in life.
Only thing sweeter is TWO lollipops.
I sure do love Easter. More than Christmas. What an awesome, awesome day to celebrate the RISEN King! His mercies are made new every single day. His sacrifice reaches beyond anything we can even comprehend. His grace covers every single inch of our humble selves and then some. His sovereignty reins through highs and lows.

As I watched people humbly give their lives to Christ at our (amazing) Easter service, I cried and cried for my brother, Christopher. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for him. For YEARS. My sweet Mama Potts went straight up to heaven praying her little heart out for him. My Mom doesn't go a day without thinking about him and covering him with prayer. Oh what I would give to see him walk back into our lives. Even more so, I would give anything to see him come back to Jesus. Anything. The sweetest thing is that we worship a God who is bigger than us and who has a sacred plan for us all. His plan for Christopher far exceeds the circumstances of his life right now and that is a mighty beautiful thing.

Happy Easter sweet friends! Hope you had all the lollipops, seersucker plaid, and giant flower belts your heart desired.

1 comment: