Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Balloons

Something caught my eye today. Made me stop and think about how much I need to thank Coopster for.

It was a red balloon. Tied to a Ben and Jerry's sign. Contain yourself. I nearly shrieked with glee when I saw the balloon dancing in the wind. (It wasn't until just now that I even thought twice about the fact that it was tied to a BEN AND JERRY'S sign. Some crazy phenomenon there.) I had to remind myself that I am a grown up (kinda) and that I was on my lunch break (not at the circus) and that the pediatric dentist man walking towards me might have peed his pants when he saw my lack of self control.

Coop is mad about balloons. Loves them to pieces. When I saw that single red balloon, I had to contain myself from reacting with childlike adoration. It made me think and thank. That little (ok, maybe not so little) 25 pound pistol britches has taught me, or reminded me rather, about how much joy we can find in the simple things.

"You will live in joy. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!" Isaiah 55:12

What happened after the balloon sighting was not so-much adult like. I might have gone into the Loft dressing room and danced like crazy for 2.5 minutes straight. My intention was to try on a darlin ruffle top, but when the music hit me, I just couldn't stop. Danced like a madwoman. Arms flailing. Fists pumping. Sprinkler sprinkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment