Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update

Thought a 24-hour-later update was in order. First, thank you ALL for your sweet words of encouragement and seasoned advice. Seems as though Coop's not the only little one who has ever mysteriously developed this bizarre seizure disorder. Apparently this ailment becomes significantly worse around age 3.

Woo Lawd.

So get this. He was an absolute ANGEL today. A doll baby. A champ.

I dropped him off at Lori's this morning sweating and praying and pacing the floor. I promised to come and get him the instant he growled or hissed or roared at her or one of his sweet friends. I grabbed my phone between patients just absolutely sure she had texted me to tell me that he was in a padded room awaiting my arrival.

Nothing.

And when I picked him up this afternoon, he gave me a big smooch and patted my back and spoke to me in Cooperese. He sang like a songbird as I scooped him up and put him in his car seat.

Thank you Jesus! We rewarded him with a spin around the merry-go-round (ye haw) at the mall and a big ol heaping spoonful of homemade banana pudding.

We know we aren't out of the woods yet (he's not 3 yet, or 30 as my mom reminded me through bouts of laughter), but for now, all is quiet and happy on the Cooperfront. Guess we can take back the helmet and knee pads.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...so glad your sweet boy came back - and that there will be no helmets necessary! :)

    ReplyDelete