Monday, October 3, 2011

Manhattan Marathon

So I might have fallen in love all over again today. With cupcakes. Tiny, mini, itsy bitsy cupcakes. Baked by Melissa. I ate 4 for breakfast, 2 for a mid-morning snack, 3 for lunch, and 2 more after our marathon day in the City today.

I mean, look at them. They taste every bit as yummy as they look. They are totally worth every single guilty calorie. My fave? It's a toss up between the cookie dough one and the mint chocolate chip one. My go-to, the red velvet, was delish, absolutely no doubt, but not quite as impressive as the others. The s'mores one had me thinking campfires and coyotes before I even took a bite. I'm not even sure we ate a meal today, just cupcakes. No wait, we did have some hot dogs.

I love this man so very very much.

Hot dogs in Time Square are almost as good as Naked Dogs walkin' from the Varsity back home. Almost.

Time Square, oh Time Square! We stepped off the subway and the very first thing I saw was:

Suddenly I forgot I was wearing my un-Godly brown Clarks Privos walkin' shoes and started to see all things ruffled and sparkly. Then I saw the enormous sparkly BOA and remembered the dreaded "budget" word. Sigh.

Toys R Us is exempt from all things "budget" related, so in we went! Here's Dada looking out for Super Coop in the big city.
I have to be honest, I shrieked with glee when I spotted the ginormous ferris wheel in the lobby. If only Coop was along to ride in the Cozy Coupe.
When we came out of Toys R Us, I all but ran into this guy:
Isn't he so cute? Before Chris could stop me, I sprinted over and went in for a full frontal bear hug. Then I had to give him 5 dollars. Turns out hugs aren't so free.

Chris got 1/8 of the way through his lecture on city safety when I spotted...WOOODY!

5 more dollars. Turns out, I blew our NYC budget on homeless street performers. Can't take me anywhere :) But isn't Woody SO incredibly fun?

Next stop, Rockefeller, Central Park, Grand Central Station, and Time Warner. I [heart] NYC! (But I sure do miss Coopie Baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment