Sunday, October 2, 2011

NYC! Departure Day...

Hold the phone. This little mama hit the air for some big time travels this morning. It was "good bye Coopie (and yellow school bus that goes EVERYWHERE right now)"

and "hello Dada!".

I won't lie, I had to walk fast in the direction of the airport after kissin Super Coop goodbye. I started to cry but then I tripped over the threshold of the door to baggage claim and almost landed on my face. I don't travel. EVER. It's not because I don't want to, I'm just the queen of excuses and always have a gazillion reasons why I should just stay home and go to Target.

The last time I flew was over five years ago. The day after we got married.

Needless to say, this trip to NYC is a dream come true for me!

I found myself having a complete blast before I even made it half way through Hartsfield. A few tid bits I learned along the way:
  • Agyle mid-calf socks and black velcro sandals, do not in fact, coordinate appropriately. Stopping to rearrange your argyle mid-calf socks whilst in the midst of 200 people will in fact, make me stare at you.
  • Service men are BABIES. Tiny, little, itsy bitsy babies. With baby faces. And mama's and daddy's back home. So young. When did this happen? Am I old?
  • Leather bomber jackets are not in fact, out of style.
  • Sometimes it can be difficult to determine if a person is male or female. Just saying. This too might make me stop and stare awkwardly for a few minutes.
  • Stranger Man at Gate C, you may not take a nap on my shoulder. Please sit up.
  • Baby Bjorn's have a designated weight limit. I don't think this limit accounts for 3 year old Asian babies in zippy pajamas.
Y'all. I am having an ABSOLUTE blast! More to come. Next up, Betsey Johnson Soho Boutique. I'm supposed to get there via cab. By. My. Self. I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment