Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Strive to Thrive

January 1st. Such a humbling day. I love it oh so much because we are able to look back over the past year and into the upcoming year, all at the same time. We celebrate the triumphs, learn from the struggles, acknowledge the growth, and cling to the lessons learned.

What tickles me to no end is that God already knows the details of every single day, every single hour, every single second of 2012. Isn't that amazing!? I love the mystery and wonder that lies in this verse:

"God has given them a desire to know the future. He does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what he is doing." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

I tried to create a list of resolutions, but they just felt so silly. So I scratched the list and did some soul searching instead. I am praying over these things and can't wait to see how God uses 2012 to reveal more of Himself to us.

Seek: grace, happiness, surrender, joy, wisdom, courage, laughter, inspiration.

Run from: fear, worry, insecurity, impatience, perfection, busyness.

This year it is my hope to pray harder, praise louder, worry less. Be a champion for my husband and a light for my Cooper. Compliment and raise others up often.  Eat more of what I love, just less of it. Celebrate others. Play more, work less. Drink a little less sweet tea (who am I kidding??) Give more than I receive. Run again. Increase personal accountability. Spend more time with my family. Check "statuses" in real life, not on Facebook. And be ok with going to sleep with dirty dishes in the sink.

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you.
Never excuse yourself." -Henry Ward Beecher

What is on your heart to go after in 2012?


No comments:

Post a Comment