Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Skinny Jeans

Today was ridiculous amounts of fun.

I am sitting here in awe and so thankful for sweet friends. I took a huge leap of faith this morning and started a {professional} journey I've been wanting to do for many years now. Details still in the works, but the whole shebang turned out super fabulous. Mrs. Lori invited Coop over for a play date and loved on him like crazy while I did my workin' mama thing AND she spoiled me rotten by giving me the afternoon stroller free at the mall.

I won't lie. I was lost without Mr. Picklebottoms and the jog stroller. I considered pushing it, empty, just to feel better. I digress. I sprinted off to the mall for marathon sparkle clothes shopping and Abby met me helped me sort through all sorts of fun fancy outfits. She sported the big mamajama double jog stroller with JB and his little buddy, so I instantly felt a-ok and at home surrounded by little people.

Our only rule: It had to be out of the box. I came home with a pair of Fergalicious leopard print flats (OMG-cute cute cute), a crazy cute belt with a gigantic burlap flower in front, skinny jeans, and tall slouchy camel colored boots. Oh, and also two fancypants tunic tops. Out of the box and oh so fun!

Coop and I came home and built tunnels and bridges and robots and buildings out of Legos for over an hour and then Ashley, Lorelei, and Baby Madelyn came over for a playdate. We had the best of times. We laughed and chatted and changed diapers and cut up chicken nuggets and caught up with each other while Cooper taught Lorelei how to ram cars and trucks into things.

I am truly so thankful for precious friendships! It's a great big blessing to be surrounded by a million and one fabulous girls who all seek to lift each other up. Monday night we visited our friend (she's actually a super hero) Melanie, who just endured a double mastectomy after fighting kudzu COURAGEOUSLY for the past year. As we stood at her bedside and cracked jokes about the most inappropriate (and fun) things, I thanked God for the awe-inspiring example she sets for all of us.

My best friend Jennifer recently moved to our neck of the woods and I couldn't be more tickled. We have missed impromptu trips to Target and cheese dip nights for the past 5-6 years and it feels so good to be so close again.

I work with a group of awesome girls with hearts of gold and have the best small group friends in all the world. Us Davis girls have the most incredible group of Ya-Yas who stand by us through thick and thin--we prop each other up when we want to fall down and rejoice with each other in the glory days. I could go on and on.

Past the point of ramblin', just wanted to stop offer up praises for amazing examples of Godly women. It's mighty special and I am oober thankful for each and every one of my sweet friends.

3 comments:

  1. I took a huge leap of faith and bought a pair of leggings about 2 months ago. I've only worn them out of my house once. LOL! I beat your new jeans look fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. You will be ROCKIN those boots!!

    ReplyDelete