Sunday, January 8, 2012

Confessions

Confessions:
1. I watched three episodes of Dance Moms and two episodes of Teen Mom today.
2. I miss our sweet friends sitting in the pew next to us every Sunday at church.
3. We don't have pews at 12 stone. I was raised talkin about church pews, so I say it anyway.
4. My prayer for this blog has always been that it would bring more good than bad and that I might use this space to glorify God and His mighty presence in our lives. Last week was the first time I felt compelled to take it offline. I'm still struggling with it.
5. I ate three helpings of yummy sauce at Hibachi tonight. Fried rice soup has it's place on the food pyramid.
6. I miss my brother. I'm not sure I will ever hear from him again and it makes me lose sleep at night.
7. I have an eyebrow phobia. I have contracts with two friends stating if they ever, ever return to their pre-2001 status, they will be shaved in my sleep.
8. I am seriously addicted to playing Family Feud. I can sing the theme song in my sleep and eagerly await my free daily spin to obtain additional coins to support my habit.
9. Cooper still has his pappy. He might get to keep it til he is fourteen years old. Totally goes against all SLP recommendations. Totally.
10. I might have taught Coop the Macarena this weekend. And the Cabbage Patch. And the Roger Rabbit.

There, that's better.

I've been trying to pack for my trip for the past two days. My mom jeans and frumpalicius ruffle tops just aren't cutting it. I found myself standing in Forever 21 with the jog stroller and a snack pack of Goldfish crackers, sweating bullets and trying to distinguish thr difference between shirts and dresses. Yes, I actually thought I might find something fabulous in Forever 21. Yes, i tried to fit the jog stroller in between the overstuffed racks of jeggings and glitter tanks. That's how much I'm out of touch with reality. Thank heavens for Pinterest and those smashing outfit pins. Take two this week.

So tell me, what are your confessions tonight?

4 comments:

  1. You are so great. With blogging, there are some evil folks in the world. Forget them. Ive gotten some wacko messages. Craziness. I confess that Im on the couch, letting Connor sleep on me. That goes against the "dont sleep with your babies" rule. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confessions from me:
    1. I LOVE Celebrity Wife Swap!
    2. I'm addicted to watching Family Feud. Where are you playing this at?
    3. I would love to start a blog. I'm just not creative enough to come up with a name.
    4. My new year's resolutions are to learn to sew and be more adventurous. I might have bitten of more than I can chew this week. I've combined my goals. Joann's had all classes half off Saturday. So today I'm doing a quilting class, tomorrow knitting and Saturday sewing. Say a prayer I remember something from all of these!
    5. I would miss your blog if it wasn't here anymore.
    6. Coop is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "found" a half dozen frozen gigi cupcakes in my freezer from my parents 35th wedding anniversary party (in august) and i took one out, let it thaw, and ate the whole thing.
    I put my pedometer in my purse in hopes it will make it look like I took more steps.
    I got in to work at 8:37 and left at 4:47 and didn't really have a "productive day"
    …thanks for the outlet!
    I hope you keep blogging! God can still be gorified when you are struggling! I immediately felt better (seriously) after blogging about how sad I was last week… immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you can't stop blogging. This is the only way that I can keep up with you, that is, unless we so happened to run into each other in Old Navy again. LOL!

    ReplyDelete