Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bang! Bang!

Ok. So I thought the Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity's had changed my life (and oh, it did), but tonight I discovered something that absolutely knocked my socks off. Get ready. Bang Bang shrimp. That you make at home. That's right at home. For less than ten bucks and in under ten minutes.

I know. I was skeptical too. I really was. But when I went to pick Coop up from his drop in class at Crimson Academy (cannot say enough incredible things about this place) and found him in the corner, on the floor, laying face down making "carpet/snow angels", singing "night night night night" while everyone else sat in circle time eating their snacks, I knew it was time to have a low key stay at home kind of afternoon. (Poor baby, Dada's out of town (STILL), Mama's been gone, he started a new weekday gig, and now a Wednesday big boy school gig too...he's absolutely EXHAUSTED and completely out of whack. In a throw the remote at your head and crash his car into the wall kind of way).

Lori told me about this Bang Bang recipe last week and I tucked the sticky note in the side pocket of the diaper bag for a rainy day. We stopped by her house today to give her and Coop's girlfriend Landree hugs and Great American Cookies and Lori reminded me of the shrimp.

I pulled the recipe out tonight, took Coop for a drive in the Kroger neon green Car-Buggy, and am SO GLAD I did.

Holy yummy.

I am a die-hard Bonefish fan. If you know me, you know this. We even had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. They are phenomenal. We go for $5 Bang Bang Wednesdays every week in the summer. Their House salad (with side of bleu cheese crumbles) is heaven on a chilled plate. Love them, love them, love them.

Still, it was a stay home in ugly pajama pants kind of night, remember? So we scooped up the ingredients...all THREE of them and headed home. Coop built with legos while we talked about notsomuch laying on the floor making carpet angels next week at big boy school and I whipped up these little babies in less than ten minutes.

Here's the run down:

Get yourself 1 box of frozen popcorn shrimp (I know, I know, but believe me, you won't regret it, I promise), a bottle of Kraft's Hot and Spicy Mayo, and a bottle of Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili sauce.

Go home and pan fry the shrimp on the stove top (I used a little olive oil to help get the shrimpettes golden brown and crispy). Mix 1/2 cup of the Hot and Spicy Mayo with 1/2 cup of the Sweet Chili sauce and toss the shrimp in it. You could skip the whole "tossing" part and dip them or drink the sauce with a bendy straw too, whatever suites your fancy.

I'm saying. [Mom, are you reading this????] This dish will change your life. Me and my ugly pajama pants ate one too many before building more legos, sliding down the bus slide 15 times, and soaking in the tub while rocking out to Chris Brown and Justin Bieber for 45 minutes.
Yes, he is wearing Santa Suit jammies. Yes, it is January. Psych! (Did I just say 'psych'? Must get sleep.)We're a total mess around here, but not that much of one. This pic's old but it made me smile today, so I thought I'd share it.

We ended the night Facetiming with Chris. Coop decided he wanted to show Daddy how he wrestles with me while he is away. Camera rolling. He did a spin move, spider monkey crawled his way on top of my head and promptly tooted in my face.

What. are. we. going. to. do. with. this. lovemuffin?? Heaven help me, being his Mama is the absolute best thing that has ever ever happened to me. Toots and all.

4 comments:

  1. Okay Ive got to try the Bang Bang shrimp. We have a Bonefish but Ive never been. And lastly, Serendipity frozen hot chocolate is sooooo good. I get it every.single.time Im in NYC. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, you won't regret it! That being said, still, go to Bonefish too! YUM YUM YUM! Have you ever bought a packet of the frozen hot chocolate to make at home??? Thinking I'm gonna make the hubs bring me some home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a big booyah to gael for finding this recipe and passing on so we could change alis life now to perfect serendipitys frozen hot choc at home ali will be for ever indebted to us lol we love youhappy mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful big blue eyes, lovely family

    ReplyDelete