Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chicken and Singin' and Whatnot

Chickfila has come out with two new entrees in the last two weeks. It's almost more excitement than I can even handle. Almost. Woowee, the chicken tortilla soup is sure yummy and has a big fat kick to it too. The grilled chicken nuggets are good. Well, they are good for you, and good as long as you can pay a visit to a hypnotist first and erase all memories of the chicken fried goodness that existed before the little grilled nuggets.

Y'all are so stinkin encouraging. Several other good friends got totally equally brash comments on their blogs this past week too, so it makes me realize that there are just some wackos out there. My favorite was the four page rant on my bestie, Abby's blog about her visit with the pediatric cardiologist. For the love of Pete. She is a fabulous mama, doing the absolute best for her sweet Parker, no comments needed from the peanut gallery. Whatever happened to not saying anything at all if you don't have anything nice to say? "Dr V almost killed my daughter...", totally understand where this lady might have been trying to come from, but come on, zip it lippy.

Coop is all kinds of into singing these days. It cracks me up. There's something about hearing that sweet little voice hit notes twice his range that just melts my heart. I'm like really, really into acapella music. Like embarrassingly. He will sit and watch ridiculous (and random) YouTube videos like this one with me without flinching.

Tonight while he was in the bath he asked begged me to sing the "Heaven" song.

"I got shoes, you got shoes, all God's children got shoes. When I get to heaven, gonna put on my shoes, I'm gonna walk all over God's heaven". He sat there shaking his booty with his soapy mohawk, just stealing my heart.
I almost forgot to post pics of Emily's Pickles and Ice Cream shower Sunday! Oh what fun! We had ice cream sundaes and great big dill pickles and sweet tea and chocolate cake.
It was enough to send anyone into labor. Except sweet Emily. She's still hanging tough, toting that precious Rylan around and chasing two busy toddlers around all day. We are so excited to watch her precious family grow by two more tiny feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment