Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Changes Comin' Round

I did something this week.
Total leap of faith. I've been thinking and praying and hoping and wishing for a while now. I finally got the courage to go for it.

I went part time.

I know. It was time. Chris started a new job recently, his dream job. I couldn't be more proud of him. The very best part? He will only travel a few times a year. We don't even know what to do with ourselves. What will that even look like? He's been on "the road" for the past 8 years. Coop won't be talking about airplanes and suitcases every other day and we will have more time to love on each other and soak up these sweet years. Leader, Chris' previous company, was an incredible blessing to our family. I know it was a hard move for him to make, but I am just tickled for him.
The other very best part? We got to sign up for health insurance through Glock. AMAZING insurance. This is huge for us. I have always worked at CHOA to carry our benefits. The deal was sealed when Chris was diagnosed. I wanted to branch off and put more energy into my private practice, but I just couldn't. It was fine, it really was. But then we lost the baby and Cooper turned two and I got all sweaty thinking of him hopping on a big yellow bus heading off to Kindy. There'll be plenty of time for me to bump back up at CHOA down the road. I LOVE that place and I LOVE what I do. It's just time for me to work smarter, not harder and holy batballs, my dream has come true. By dropping our insurance at CHOA and dropping to part time, I will still make the same salary as when I have been full time. See, God moves mountains.

I am so excited to finally focus on my "Chatterbox" business. I have been so blessed by the kiddos I have already treated and pray that God will use me to touch the lives of more itty bitty ones in the coming days.
PS. We might have bought a bouncy house today. Shame. Coop had his two year old check up this afternoon and listen, it could have been worse. We promised him a pony if he did good with his shots. The bouncy house (compliments of the Knolls) was such a hit at the Stache Bash that we couldn't fight the urge. We scratched the pony and whipped it right into Toys R Us. Coop used his birthday money and next thing we knew, it was riding home with us in our backseat. Confession: I had more fun that Coop in the bounce house this weekend. I really did.

Regardless, Bounce Party at our house, y'all come on over!

1 comment:

  1. ok, the fact that you BOUGHT a bouncy house is just amazing. i love that. what an impulse purchase that will be a blast for years to come! congratulations on going part time (and still making the same salary!) that is pretty incredible. i am so excited for you! i get all sweaty thinking about the yellow bus and kindergarten too. life just moves too fast.

    ReplyDelete