Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crazy Lady

This is crazy. I'm warnin' ya. I am posting out of hope that someone, someWHERE has heard of this. If not, I'm loony tunes.
I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday and our bedroom was spinning and spinning around me. I could hardly move and when I did get up to see what was wrong I was bumping into furniture and walls and couldn't walk a straight line to save my life. I made it to the bathroom thinking I had had a stoke in the middle of the night. I smiled. Checked to make sure it was symmetrical and nearly fell over from lack of balance. Um.

I woke up twice more that night with the same shebang going on. Sweating. Dizzy. Room spinning. Needed to puke.

I'm talkin' that feeling of being completely WASTED. Only I haven't had anything remotely "grown up" to drink since before Coop was born. Unless you count sweet tea. I've had a lot of that.

It happened again last night. Only worse. And then my eye balls started darting back and forth. Sweating. Alice in Wonderland distorted wobbly room.

Am I losing my mind?
What on earth is this? I have an appointment with my doc but in the meantime I am cracking up. Crazy lady. Danielle, is this inner ear business?

Insanity. I hope it goes away like right now.

I've spent 23 out of the last 24 hours trying to get Coop to Poop. Operation Super Poop at our house. "I not poopin mama. My belly hurts. I not poopin. I not need poop mama. I ok. No poop." For the love of Pete. He has (proudly) pooped 3 times in the potty today. (Amazing what a trip to Target down the Mater and Liken A-Queen aisle will do to inspire some poopin' motivation). Woooo! Maybe the excitement was just too much for this mama?

Spin. Whirl. Spin. Whooze.

Ps. My sweet friend (and Coop's nanny), Emily, is hosting a fundraiser for Parker Baby this week. She does ahh-mazing monogramming work and all of the proceeds from the sale this week go to the Knolls.
http://holdenshut.blogspot.com/

I'm talkin' super duper cute stuff, y'all.  Check it out if you've got a sec. I'm addicted to ordering sweet things from her. If you've received precious monogrammed baby gifts this year from us, she's made them. So, so talented. Such a sweet, sweet spirit to do this for Parker's family.

Speaking of all things Parker, he is kickin' fannie this week! Go baby go! He is off ECMO now and heading toward his repair surgery next week. Prayin' and praising for this sweet baby and his family.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say that I knew what was going on with you and the crazy spinning - but honestly I have no clue. Praying for you in the meantime, and that sweet baby Parker. Keep us posted with what the doc says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, my mom and sister both had this happen to them this year. Both eventually went away and I think were both diagnosed as just some sort of vertigo. Some sort of weird virus. I think my sister might have ended up on an antibiotic for ear stuff, but not positive about that. Hope you get some relief soon and pray that it is nothing! Miss you! Kristen

    ReplyDelete