Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our Not-Beach Vacay

Today has been filled with more good things than we can almost handle.

We were supposed to be at the beach this weekend. At the last minute we decided to postpone the trip to a less chaotic weekend later in the summer. I pouted for 3 days. Then I realized Chris had a surprise weekend planned chock full of my favorite things. Pouting subsided.

We started the morning at Natural Body Spa (holy goodness) getting a couples' massage. What? Us? It can't be true. Heaven on a heated table.

My stream of consciousness made me wonder. It went something like:

I hope this masseuse doesn't see my panties. I wonder if he is going to use an entire bottle of lotion on my alligator skin (squirt. rub. squirt. squirt.). We are so blessed in so many ways. How in the world did God know that we would deliver sweet Coop and then find out 3 weeks later than Chris had Kudzu? His timing is PERFECT. Will I ever feel normal shopping without a stroller when Coop grows up? Where do people put their go-cups when they don't have a stroller? This man must have arthritis. Why are his shoes squeaking so much? Chocolate truffles. Chocolate truffles. I should cook more. I should work out more. I should try some of those fabulous cleaning "pins" I've been hoarding on Pinterest. I wonder how many more minutes we have? Is it time for lunch? Is Chris snoring?

Am I the only one who's mind RACES during a massage? It's insane. I almost laughed out loud twice.

We skipped (literally) out of the spa and headed to the Chocolatier. I mean. Is it any coincidence that it is 2 doors down from them? I think not. It's not enough that I go once a week while I am at work. The sea salt caramel truffle is ridiculously heavenly.

We went to lunch and did a bit of shopping. I discovered the most amazing hand cream in all the world at a little gift shop called Smith's. Thankyouverymuchbestfriendjennifer!

It's called Cucina Fruits and Passion (We like the orange one) and it is sooooooooo scrumptious. I scooped up a bottle and most definitely think you should too.

Next up, Movie Tavern. Fried pickles and popcorn. See, more good things than we know what to do with.

Coop's down on the farm for the weekend, yee-haw! He has been riding his "new" spring horse. You know the ones. The ones we all had when we were little. Mimi reports that he has named it "W". Funny little booger.

THANK you Mimi and Poppy-Y'all are the best!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one who's mind wanders during a massage! While my body is always relaxed, my mind is running like a race horse! You are so funny and have such a wonderful spirit. I hope you had a wondeful Staycation. Sounds like you and Chris were off to great start on Saturday. Much love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! I have to say, when I get on those tables I am usually the one snoring by the end...and then I feel bad because I feel like I missed out!

    ReplyDelete