Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Left Foot, Right Foot

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Hobby Lobby:
10. Storefront located precisely 200 yards from Zaxby's drive-thru. Entirely too convenient to partake in fried pickles and sweet tea on any given venture.
9. Aisles upon aisles of large plastic Valentines Day decor (i.e. enormous dancing winking heart) and jumbo bags of colored plastic Easter Eggs.
8. Closed on Sundays. Just as you find yourself in need of a distraction from a sudden intense Chick-fil-a craving, you pull in the parking lot to realize craftiness must wait until Monday.
7. Cash registers circa 1978.
6. Super cute double pack seasonal to-do list pads. A must-have on each trip regardless of how many now clutter up the junk drawer in the kitchen.
5. Miniature buggies.
4. Weekly 40% off printable coupon. I refuse to go without it.
3. Craftiness implosion. Projects I never needed (or wanted) to complete are inspired by simply perusing the scrap book paper aisle.
2. Festive gift-wrapping accouterments. For example: zebra print tissue and coordinating ribbon.
1. Jazzy instrumental hymns played overhead. I am often forced to add my own lyrics as I browse the wall art.

These are the things I think of as I run about skipping and frolicking on my Wednesdays off.

My new routine: see private patients from 8-12. Eat yummy lunch. Take 2 hour nap. Watch approximately 3 minutes of Oprah. Turn off TV. Drink caffeinated drink (D day as of tomorrow friends). Check mail. Fake a reason to go to Target. Cook dinner (a once a week phenomenon when you work 10 hour days the other 4 days of the week). Watch trashy TV. Cuddle with husband. Prepare for next 10 hour day. (sigh).

Totally worth it to have a play day smack dab in the middle of the week! I can't wait until Mini Coop comes along. Oh the mischief we will create...

Speaking of the little fella, last night his tiny foot attempted to push right through my belly. As I sat in the pedicure chair trying to reduce the size of my swollen feet and cankles (yes, glorious new side effect of sitting criss-cross applesauce all day I suppose), there it was. You could almost make out each little toe. It was amazing (and a tad bit freaky). I put my hand there and 2 seconds later he kicked it out there again.

I read him the Foot Book by Dr. Seuss when we got home to commemorate the moment.

And just in case you find yourself in need of a walk down memory lane...

Left foot. Left foot.
Right foot. Right.
Feet in the morning.
Feet at night.
Left foot. Left foot.
Left foot. Right.
Wet foot. Dry foot.
Low foot. High foot.
Front feet. Back feet.
Red feet. Black feet.
Left foot. Right foot.
Feet. Feet Feet.
How many many feet you meet!

1 comment:

  1. so...are we naming him "cooper". if so, i love it for obvious reasons, hehe! ;-)

    ReplyDelete